Turn on thread page Beta

My brother is going crazy watch

    • Thread Starter

    he's showing a lot of schizophrenic symptoms atm, talking about souls and devils and pedophiles and he has a knife in his hand and he's 16 and idk what to do? he wont let go of the knife so i cnt take him to a hospital unless he gets arrested and my dad who i called up (the only sane one in the family) thinks hes making it all up. And obviously a GP appoointment is too far away.

    Call the police! They'll be able to restrain him if you can't (do you think he'll get violent?) and take him to a hospital if he needs help
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know this was a week ago, but call the police if you are in any kind of danger. They will arrive, and likely call an ambulance. Social services could be a good idea a bit more long term. They're able to give support and get you in contact with the right people. You really need to talk with you dad seriously about this. I've been in this situation for years and years now and you really do need outside support. You certainly can take him to the hospital, though. Just don't put yourself in danger to do so.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2016
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.