Turn on thread page Beta

If I delete my Facebook profile will someone be able to prove a message came from me? watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it would have my name
    But in a Court of Law
    Could the fact that the message came from Me be proved if the profile no longer exists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    But in a Court of Law
    Yes, easily. Deleting your profile does not delete the data from Facebook's servers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Yes, easily. Deleting your profile does not delete the data from Facebook's servers.
    Deactivating does not
    According to Facebook
    If you choose to permenabtly delete your account they do in fact remove all profile data from servers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    If you choose to permenabtly delete your account they do in fact remove all profile data from servers
    I assure you they do, in fact, not remove all data from the servers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    Deactivating does not
    According to Facebook
    You then lose all access to the data but it all stays on the servers. Anyone like eg. The police can access it but you yourself would not be able to

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.