Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have autism (very mild) and schizophrenia (feel like a broken record writing this, sorry if you've seen one of my threads before).

Anyway I'm a bit mixed up in my relationship to people. Had no friends in high school. Bullied to a degree and ridiculed. Biggest crush falsely accused me of stalking her leading to massive embarrassment and anger for me. She didn't like me, proceeded to **** loads of guys then mocked me saying "maths" in a mocking tone because I was good at maths and had no friends.

I'm overweight for now and 2 weeks clean from alcohol, so I'm hoping I can improve my appearance to a good level. Also off antipsychotics and antidepressants now so weight should come down.

Dropped out of maths degree at 20 and got schizophrenia diagnosis.

Every time I try to reenter normal society it just gets worse and I leave feeling passively homicidal and almost actively suicidal. Like when I was 22 at an employment project for people like me, the fat stupid little social work student priced me at 99p and when called out for this, said "what? he's just good at maths" then glared at me.

Shock to the system to be judged beneath a fat social work student given I'm naturally good looking under the flab and intelligent and was on track for a good career and wife before getting sick at 13.

I have had a job for 4 months but just quit because I hate it and the people I don't get on with really irk me.

I've realised that I still haven't disengaged from society fully and I'm not sure whether I should tbh.

I'm still trying to write and record acoustic guitar songs in hopes I can make a living from that, and part of that is trying to engage and impress people. I'm not sure if I should just let go.

I mean, maybe I should just play videogames and study maths alone in my flat and forget about people.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody got advice? This is probably more zevere than your average mh thread admittedly but nobody going to have a bash?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hiya,

I think you need to take baby steps. Like focus on one thing at a time, rather than trying to dive into so many things. Your mental health diagnosis shouldn't feel like a prison (though I get that feeling myself sometimes). :hugs:

Have you perhaps thought about going back to uni to complete your maths degree? It could be an option.

ReputationRep:
    you seem stressed - ever tried a joint?

ReputationRep:
    If you want a wish fulfilled I can probably tell you some mantras that will help you do that but since you have autism im not sure if you can handle that. you can answer that yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    Heehee id ask for advice on this but itd probably be removed for illegality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    Nice one goon... Really going to do wonders for his schizophrenia isn't it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermat1324)
    I have autism (very mild) and schizophrenia (feel like a broken record writing this, sorry if you've seen one of my threads before).

Anyway I'm a bit mixed up in my relationship to people. Had no friends in high school. Bullied to a degree and ridiculed. Biggest crush falsely accused me of stalking her leading to massive embarrassment and anger for me. She didn't like me, proceeded to **** loads of guys then mocked me saying "maths" in a mocking tone because I was good at maths and had no friends.

I'm overweight for now and 2 weeks clean from alcohol, so I'm hoping I can improve my appearance to a good level. Also off antipsychotics and antidepressants now so weight should come down.

Dropped out of maths degree at 20 and got schizophrenia diagnosis.

Every time I try to reenter normal society it just gets worse and I leave feeling passively homicidal and almost actively suicidal. Like when I was 22 at an employment project for people like me, the fat stupid little social work student priced me at 99p and when called out for this, said "what? he's just good at maths" then glared at me.

Shock to the system to be judged beneath a fat social work student given I'm naturally good looking under the flab and intelligent and was on track for a good career and wife before getting sick at 13.

I have had a job for 4 months but just quit because I hate it and the people I don't get on with really irk me.

I've realised that I still haven't disengaged from society fully and I'm not sure whether I should tbh.

I'm still trying to write and record acoustic guitar songs in hopes I can make a living from that, and part of that is trying to engage and impress people. I'm not sure if I should just let go.

I mean, maybe I should just play videogames and study maths alone in my flat and forget about people.
    What support do you get for your conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Nice one goon... Really going to do wonders for his schizophrenia isn't it :rolleyes:
    not if he doesn't go overboard and abuse it

ReputationRep:
    Do you know anything about drugs

1. (Original post by Little Popcorns)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    What support do you get for your conditions?
    Social worker 3 times a week in my flat and psychiatric appointment every so often. Autism drop in where i can chat to people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermat1324)
    Social worker 3 times a week in my flat and psychiatric appointment every so often. Autism drop in where i can chat to people
    That's a good network of help you have there, please utilise it as much as possible. Also discuss how you feel about everything with your social worker and psychiatrist. Honestly best to be open about everything they're there to help with this kind of stuff .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.