The Student Room Group

What are the current makeup trends you don't like ?

Scroll to see replies

makeup

Spoiler

hate most of it tbh. wearing makeup looks good for some people in photos. yet, it all looks fake in real life. i do appreciate mascara and concealer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by saladays
I admire make up and have no issue with people wearing it...

...But every girl seems to look like this!

image.jpeg

It's like they can only be content at a slight angle with pursed lips.

Omg thisss kylie Jenner wanna bees 😑
I don't know if it's a current trend but I've seen it a couple of times in beauty videos - heavy eyeliner with long wings and without much other eye makeup. It just looks harsh and obvious.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Maestosa
I don't know if it's just a trend but I've seen it a couple of times in beauty videos - heavy eyeliner with long wings and without much other eye makeup. It just looks harsh and obvious.

I agree, needs to be balanced out more to look better
Nearly all of it tbh
Especially all that contouring, highlighting and pale lip colours.
Original post by ?Hannah
hate most of it tbh. wearing makeup looks good for some people in photos. yet, it all looks fake in real life. i do appreciate mascara and concealer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every girl looks practically the same omg
I don't like any of the them because they are all ... made up

:getmecoat:

image.jpeg

There is no variation anymore among women. :frown:

everyone wants to look like KYLIE JENNER!
kind of just everything HudaBeauty seems to come up with...

Original post by surina16
kind of just everything HudaBeauty seems to come up with...

LOL.
Have you seen clown contouring?!
Not a fan of excessive anything: contouring, highlighting, eyebrows and lips.

There's a lot to be said for the retro look where makeup is used to flatter your features rather than annihilate them.

image.jpeg

Bottom left corner... those eyebrows that looks like someone put a stencil over your forehead, got an aerosol can, and just sprayed them on. Why is this attractive again?

Original post by PrincessBO$$
x

Took me until the second to last photo to realise this wasn't all pictures of the same person... Jheeze.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Drawn on eyebrows. Hate them, unless there's a medical reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate when girls over line their lips and use too much highlight, it's just awful.
Generally trying to morph yourself into Kylie Jenner. Lol, seriously tho the brow has gotten pretty out of control and so has contouring. They've become more about legit sculpting as opposed to enhancing which is fine I guess, if you do it well. But it just looks like a very specific look as opposed to making you look a little better which was the original point. Not into ombre lips, I did like halo eyes when that was thing.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
There is no variation anymore among women. :frown:

everyone wants to look like KYLIE JENNER!

To be fair comparison number two was actually part of an interesting school project where a girl was trying to emphasise how ridiculous it is to aspire to look like Kylie because of all the stages required (she had a makeup artist do it). But I 100% agree and I don't really get it either. I mean she's beautiful but so are many young women in the public eye. It's just kinda crazy that there is literally no one else people are trying to emulate on a notable scale as far as makeup goes. Maybe Kim but that's just some OG angle.
Original post by Dreadfuse
To be fair comparison number two was actually part of an interesting school project where a girl was trying to emphasise how ridiculous it is to aspire to look like Kylie because of all the stages required (she had a makeup artist do it). But I 100% agree and I don't really get it either. I mean she's beautiful but so are many young women in the public eye. It's just kinda crazy that there is literally no one else people are trying to emulate on a notable scale as far as makeup goes. Maybe Kim but that's just some OG angle.

Kylie is pretty. But come on she does not deserve to be worshipped and have people spend 100£ on makeup to look like her!
Most of it.

Quick Reply

Latest