Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone please answer my questions because no one answers them. Thank you. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is this thank you card okay?? Is it too long?? To miss smith,
    Thank you for everything you have done for me. I am really lucky to have the best teacher in the world and I really enjoy being in your class. Your class was so much fun because you made me laugh every lesson and you were really funny. Thank you for how kind and helpfu you are to everyone. Thank you for making me happy when I was upset and for listening to me when I wanted to talk to you. I appreciated it when you stayed after school to help me with my work and all of the other times you helped me. You are the most amazing, caring and fun teacher I have ever had. I am really happy that you were my teacher and I really enjoyed every lesson. I want you to know that you are my favourite teacher and thank you for everything.
    From Rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosiemartin125)
    Is this thank you card okay?? Is it too long?? To miss smith,
    Thank you for everything you have done for me. I am really lucky to have the best teacher in the world and I really enjoy being in your class. Your class was so much fun because you made me laugh every lesson and you were really funny. Thank you for how kind and helpfu you are to everyone. Thank you for making me happy when I was upset and for listening to me when I wanted to talk to you. I appreciated it when you stayed after school to help me with my work and all of the other times you helped me. You are the most amazing, caring and fun teacher I have ever had. I am really happy that you were my teacher and I really enjoyed every lesson. I want you to know that you are my favourite teacher and thank you for everything.
    From Rosie
    Yes it's okay, even if it only had a simple "thank you" it will still mean a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Yes it's okay, even if it only had a simple "thank you" it will still mean a lot.
    Thank you but is it too long

ReputationRep:
    Thank you but is it too long
    It's fine. Since from the sound of it your teacher clearly helped you a lot

ReputationRep:
    How old are you, because the card really depends on the context.

It sounds a little immature though. Maybe structure it a little better.

Miss Smith,

Thank you for a great year. I feel very lucky to have had you as a teacher. Out of all my other teachers, It's safe to say you were the best. Your class was so much fun, you made us laugh every lesson, listened to our problems when we were upset and you went above and beyond as a teacher.
    Staying late after school to help me with my work and all the other times you have helped not just but me, but the whole class, sometimes even without appreciation or acknowledgement you're there for us.

You are the most amusing, cheerful and intelligent teacher I have ever had. I feel very fortuitous to have been taught by you this past year and I just wanted you to know how much I, and the rest of the class appreciate the effort you put in day in, day out.

Thank you for everything, Roise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)

To Miss Smith,

Thank you for a great year. I feel very lucky to have had you as a teacher. Out of all my other teachers, It's safe to say you were the best. Your class was so much fun, you made us laugh every lesson, listened to our problems when we were upset and you went above and beyond as a teacher.
    Staying late after school to help me with my work and all the other times you have helped me and others, sometimes even without appreciation or acknowledgement you're there for us.

You are the most amusing, cheerful and intelligent teacher I have ever had. I feel very fortuitous to have been taught by you this past year, and I just wanted you to know how much I, and the rest of the class appreciate the effort you put in day in, day out.

Thank you and I'm 15 but I think I'll stick with my own

ReputationRep:

Miss Smith,

Staying late after school to help me with my work and all the other times you have helped not just but me, but the whole class, sometimes even without appreciation or acknowledgement you're there for us.

You are the most amusing, cheerful and intelligent teacher I have ever had. I feel very fortuitous to have been taught by you this past year and I just wanted you to know how much I, and the rest of the class appreciate the effort you put in day in, day out.

Do you actually think it's immature

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually think it's immature
    Yes. Obviously, It's just my opinion though.

While it's nice to thank teachers for their hard work, in your card you include 'buzzwords' like happy and upset as well as fun - which you said twice. There's nothing wrong with anything you wrote per se, but you sort of naturally emphasise the emotional connection you had with the teacher, personally I associate that with emotional immaturity.

I don't think there was any need for it. As you're writing a thank you card for all the hard work they put in over the year, and while you can include how the teacher made you feel, I think it has be diluted a bit. That's why I originally said you should structure it better since you do come off as slightly clingy as, like I said before, you keep reiterating the emotional side of the 'relationship' with your teacher and you gloss over the academic side of the 'relationship'

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Obviously, It's just my opinion though.

While it's nice to thank teachers for their hard work, in your card you include 'buzzwords' like happy and upset as well as fun - which you said twice. There's nothing wrong with anything you wrote per se, but you sort of naturally emphasise the emotional connection you had with the teacher, personally I associate that with emotional immaturity.

I don't think there was any need for it. As you're writing a thank you card for all the hard work they put in over the year, and while you can include how the teacher made you feel, I think it has be diluted a bit. That's why I originally said you should structure it better since you do come off as slightly clingy as, like I said before, you keep reiterating the emotional side of the 'relationship' with your teacher and you gloss over the academic side of the 'relationship'
    That's just your opinion. I think it is perfect and so does everyone else. How old are you btw.

ReputationRep:
    That's just your opinion. I think it is perfect and so does everyone else. How old are you btw.
    I know it's my opinion, It's also why prefaced my post by saying it's my opinion to avoid you saying 'that's just your opinion'...

I am 16, doing AS-levels next year.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.