Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any advice about how to best tackle a case study interview?

I've done two before at AC's and the feedback has always referenced my case study interview as my weakest part - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did you get any specific feedback on what let you down on the case study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Did you get any specific feedback on what let you down on the case study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feedback was given via a brief call during which they both just said that my case study had let me down. They didn't mention anything specifically unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    That's not really helpful feedback. If in this situation again, ask the person who is giving you feedback to be more specific on what could have been improved.

Case study interviews/assessments tend to assess some of the following skills:

Analytical ability

Commercial awareness

Clarity of thinking/argument

Picking out the priorities/key issues

Using evidence to support your thinking

Strong communication skills

Ability to see things from more than one perspective (e.g. as a lawyer, what the client(s) may think, what other parties involved may think).

It depends on the exercise, but there is a tendency that you could go in many different directions with it/or there's lots of information to get through. They are often short on time too. Therefore focusing on the "priorities" or key issues, while having others at the back of your mind is usually a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.