Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would really like to know how Universities view A level PE. I know it's a more accepted subject nowadays but how accepted? I'm also doing the new A levels where most people will only do 3. I really want to study veterinary medicine and I'll do Biology, chemistry & PE. I wrote to a few universities and they said doing PE would put me at no disadvantage but how much should I trust what they are saying.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's crap (probably cos I don't like a lot of sport), but good luck. Not sure how unis see it - don't think it will put you at an advantage.

ReputationRep:
    Well to be completely fair I did A level biology over PE however the biology content within the PE A level is still advanced. You just miss out content involving plants and genetics (the latter may be an issue). If you manage to get a high grade in A level PE and Chemistry you aren't really unequal to more conventional students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyashworth)
    I would really like to know how Universities view A level PE. I know it's a more accepted subject nowadays but how accepted? I'm also doing the new A levels where most people will only do 3. I really want to study veterinary medicine and I'll do Biology, chemistry & PE. I wrote to a few universities and they said doing PE would put me at no disadvantage but how much should I trust what they are saying.
    It won't disadvantage your application at all- the only thing is it won't help in your other subjects the way another science might. That being said, I think it's great you're choosing a 3rd you actually want to do, as time after time, people pick maths or physics when they don't really enjoy it and thus find it harder to study for and gain that A. Basically you can pick whatever you like (as long as the universities accept it) and whatever you're going to enjoy studying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.