Turn on thread page Beta

The only reason this is anon if I find discussing things this publicly embarassing.

Right onto the point, This tuesday my friends are planning to go to a beach/ or a swimming pool if the weather isn't that great.
    The problem is though, i'm on my period at the moment I came on a few days ago and usually stay on a couple of weeks, sometimes longer.
    I really want to go with my friends next week and hopefully go in the swimming pool/sea but is that actually possible seeing i'm on, i've never been on before and been swimming so have no idea.
    Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    use a tampon....will tkae a bit of practice but thats what i used to do when i swam and there was no problems.

i would personally not recommend going swimming with no protection

ReputationRep:
    yes just use a tampon...start practicing now

ReputationRep:
    tampon. easy.

ReputationRep:
    Tampon, to the rescue.

Go buy some, and wear a few (obviously not all at once!) between now and when you go, so that you are familiar with them.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, use a tampon.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    usually stay on a couple of weeks, sometimes longer.
    Isn't that a little odd? I mean there are only so many weeks you can be on without just constantly staying on.

I suppose :s: I was on for like 3 weeks once but that was when I first started.

ReputationRep:
    You stay on 2 weeks? How is that even possible???

I have no idea :rolleyes: everyones body is different i'm sure there must be other people that stay on long.
    Jeez, I only asked a general question about swimming and being on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have no idea :rolleyes: everyones body is different i'm sure there must be other people that stay on long.
    Jeez, I only asked a general question about swimming and being on.
    i think Zoebc was only curious. I offer the same advice as all of the above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    You stay on 2 weeks? How is that even possible???
    I used to have 2-week periods. Then it was discovered that I have a bicornuate uterus, which was causing there to be more lining building up than there would've been in a normal uterus After becoming fed up of spending the first day of each period rolling around in agony and throwing up every 5 minutes, I went on the pill, and now only have 1-week periods to cope with (thank God).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    Maybe you should see a doctor about that.
    I agree, you're at risk of becoming anaemic if you're bleeding that much.

ReputationRep:
    Use a tampon. And as most people are saying, see a doctor about the 2 week period.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.