Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    2 days ago I drove home from college and parked up a bit far from home because there were no spaces on my road. I saw a spot and was going to move my car. When I put the key in and turned the ignition the lights came on for like a second then auto went off. I tried to start the car, nothing. It doesn't even splutter or do anything. I'm able to turn the key and stuff but absolutely nothing works. No hazard light, nothing. I never leave the doors unlocked, or headlights on since I don't drive in the night and I haven't had to use them in a while. I'm waiting on someone to look at it and I haven't tried starting the car since Thursday. It's a 2004 Peugeot 206. Any ideas?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mrpopodopalaus)
    2 days ago I drove home from college and parked up a bit far from home because there were no spaces on my road. I saw a spot and was going to move my car. When I put the key in and turned the ignition the lights came on for like a second then auto went off. I tried to start the car, nothing. It doesn't even splutter or do anything. I'm able to turn the key and stuff but absolutely nothing works. No hazard light, nothing. I never leave the doors unlocked, or headlights on since I don't drive in the night and I haven't had to use them in a while. I'm waiting on someone to look at it and I haven't tried starting the car since Thursday. It's a 2004 Peugeot 206. Any ideas?
    Might be the battery, see if you can get a friends car and use cable to start it.

ReputationRep:
    Your battery is dud. You may be able to jump start it, but your first trip should be to get your battery checked out as you might not be able to start it once you get to your destination.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.