Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have a huge problem or lets say temptation problem.
    I have just come from the Gym burning 1000 cals, however my mother has decided to order some fries with a fried chicken *drools*
    I am so tempted to run out there and munch it all up!!!!!
    However the thought of working so hard and gaining the amount I have lost will bug me and likely hood is i might end up eating it , but going to the gym tommorow and burning it all again!

so if anyone can distract me or give me nice advice,

I would be very happy :p:

*avoids yummy fries*

ReputationRep:
    Look, you work out, you need food to replenish your energy reserves which you've expended and repair your body from the thrashing its taken. If your body is craving food, its a signal that it needs something (proved by scientists see). Any calories you've burnt are calories of fat more often than not that you will lose as weight unless you go and eat more calories than you have burned. As long as you eat the fried chicken and chips in moderation you should feel/be fine and have nothing to worry about. If you're that worried about your calorific intake, just cut back slightly tomorrow, eg; snacks?

Every now and then most of us binge on food to stay sane, and for most of us it doesn't in any way affect are long term goals/achievements. Just relax, one meal isn't going to turn you into the nutty professor female edition. It sounds a bit like you've got an eating condition/exercuse addiction, scared about putting on weight, scared about eating, scared into doing crazy amounts of exercise to lose weight...no offense intended, just concern.

BTW, how do you manage to burn 1000cals per gym session, that equates to about 2 hours of moderate/hard running, to be honest, even i would be completely zonked after that and even i would crave chips and fried chicken.

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks for ur response :hugs: yeah i totally agree with u when u say this

sounds a bit like you've got an eating condition/exercuse addiction, scared about putting on weight, scared about eating, scared into doing crazy amounts of exercise to lose weight...no offense intended, just concern.
    idk i am like that , i always suddenly feel huge when im eating something bad, and then i go to the gym the very next day to burn it all off. For example i had fried egg this morning i felt really huge and then thats what lead me to work hard and excercise.

You also asked

BTW, how do you manage to burn 1000cals per gym session, that equates to about 2 hours of moderate/hard running, to be honest, even i would be completely zonked after that and even i would crave chips and fried chicken.
    I first lost 200 cals on the bike, then i went to the cardovascular machine ( we have 3 types) on one machine I lost 200 on the other 200.
    On the other one, I lost 100. Then I went to another bike we had I lost 100 , after that went to the treadmill lost 100. Then I went bck to the bike and lost another 100. After that I finished of with weights and stretches.
    I was at the gym till 1.00pm till 4.30pm. So yeah thats how long it took me.

I guess Ill eat one packet of fries with 2 fried chicken ensuring i get a lot of tissues and soak the oil up in their. And tommorow aim to lose the same amount of cals or a bit less and eat moderatly tommorow.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Go eat, you can cheat every now and again.

Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    just eat something low cal. What's the problem? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    3.5 hours at the gym? Jesus. Longest stint i've ever done is 1hr 45mins. I think i've done the hard work, achieved some weight loss, now getting the tone and maintaining things. I've also cut out alot of crap in the diet, so things are going well. May just go for a jog tonight, in the outdoors :cool:

It helps being in a full-time job. You're too busy to even snack, you can kind of have incarcerated conditions, i.e. bring very little if no money with you, to work, then you simply can't buy any crap....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, now that my exams are over I will be working more hours and everyday after work go to a gym class. If I dont go the gym everyday it will be more like every other day, and if i go to the gym on weekeds i would aim to lose 1000 cal. Weekdays I would aim to lose 600 cals. However I would much rathar prefer swimming, but once I am 110% toned I will start swimming, plus my gym doesnt have a swimming pool and I cant cancel my membership until next year.
    So yup. Anyway I had a packet of fries, and no chicken that was fried, just has a chicken burger yum.
    Now no more fries until next month *fingers crossed*
    I skip lunches at work anyway I rarely eat at work.
    I need to sort my diet out now, I cant seem to find that thread where this lovely girl posted some lovely recipes? hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    ^ ^ That sounds like waay too long in the gym...you'll end up burning muscle and you won't be able to keep it up if you get a full time job/start in college in sept. Wouldn't it be better to do more weight lifting etc to build muscles to speed up your metabolism? I only spend 90 mins in the gym at the most 3 times a week! I also walk a lot and do a dvd workout twice a week too though.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.