Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what kind does evry one use?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Where are you buying them from? Mine last years but then I probably pay a bit more than you You get what you pay for. Places like www.superfi.co.uk and www.richersounds.co.uk only sell decent quality ones.

My portable cheapo headphones cost me £15 and my HIFI ones cost me £70.

Just a thought, if its the same one that keeps breaking it could be a faulty amplifer in your device what ever that is (is it a HIFI or a portable?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Where are you buying them from? Mine last years but then I probably pay a bit more than you You get what you pay for. Places like www.superfi.co.uk and www.richersounds.co.uk only sell decent quality ones.

My portable cheapo headphones cost me £15 and my HIFI ones cost me £70.

Just a thought, if its the same one that keeps breaking it could be a faulty amplifer in your device what ever that is (is it a HIFI or a portable?)
    Portable....but I got to great ones(a headphone and an earphone) with my VERY expensive digital camera...even they played up and only one ear is working....so now since the good ones also break down, I buy the cheaper ones......just my luck I guess!

ReputationRep:
    maybe your deaf in 1 ear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Portable....but I got to great ones(a headphone and an earphone) with my VERY expensive digital camera...even they played up and only one ear is working....so now since the good ones also break down, I buy the cheaper ones......just my luck I guess!
    Its sounds like a fault with your portable device then. If the amplifer on one channel is faulty it won't be delivering the power the headphones need. It could be somthing as simple as a faulty capacitor. I am an avid headphone user and only ever experienced this problem once, when doing the maths it was because the amp wasn't powerful enough to drive them.

I would get some half decent phones (above £10) from Richers or some where, and then by a new portable. Just out of interest what is the make and model of the portable you're using? I'll try and find out just how much power its little amp will deliver and have a look at some headphones which are of a suitable sensivity for your portable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    maybe your deaf in 1 ear
    ..LOL!....no, I really doubt thats the case!...but perhaps u r right...I am off to make an appointment with my ENT doc for tom...just in case..u never know!!!

ReputationRep:
    yey!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hm, this is probably not the case...but are you playing the music too loudly? That's the way I ruined the last pair.

Have fun at the ENT... when I was there I had a really good looking technition doing the hearing/pressure testing stuff

ReputationRep:
    This has never happened to me before - mine just tend to snap through me not looking after them (trending on them, throwing them across the room when discoving MD player is broken, etc :rolleyes: ).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have bought something like 10 new earphone and headphones, but every single one of them works for a few days and then one ear stops working and then eventually you can't hear from both ears!!!!...Its driving me mad!!!...is there any way to get them to work, or to prevent this from happening?!!!!...plz help!
    My parrot bit through my headphone wire, and now the only way to get both ears to work is to wave athe wire around

ReputationRep:
    I have bought something like 10 new earphone and headphones, but every single one of them works for a few days and then one ear stops working and then eventually you can't hear from both ears!!!!...Its driving me mad!!!...is there any way to get them to work, or to prevent this from happening?!!!!...plz help!
    buy some quality ones, and most of em have warranty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    This has never happened to me before - mine just tend to snap through me not looking after them (trending on them, throwing them across the room when discoving MD player is broken, etc :rolleyes: ).
    I just had to read that in a Dr Evil voice

ReputationRep:
    Well, thanx ppl...will try all the advices mentioned...hope they work out...
    (some funny posts here btw...!)

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.