Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I graduated from Uni 12 months ago and I've ben doing quite a bit of reflecting on my life.

Since I left home to go to my Uni city, my friendships at home have suffered. I used to have loads of friends at home, and now I'm down to about 3 who I rarely see anyway. There's a couple of others, but they live on the opposite side of the country, as they've stayed in their Uni city.

I'm also lost contact with my Uni friends. Again, I had about 5 or so close friends, but we don't live anywhere near each other, so only meet up a couple of times a year, and when we do, it doesn't seem the same.

My job which is keeps me busy, but I don't like I've got much else. I don't have a girlfriend, which I feel that is part of the next stage of growing up. But I don't really meet any new people now.

I feel that I've lost a lot of friends, my social life has taken a big hit, and I'm feeling pretty lonely. And I feel like I've lost my independence since moving home with my parents.

Anyone been in a similar position? What do you think I can do to keep busy, meet new people, avoid loneliness and get out of this rut?

Thanks for reading

P.S please excuse the numerous typos and awful grammar. Can't seem to edit my post for some reason

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.