Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have so many "friends" watch

Announcements

So lets say I have made about 60 friends just this year, but noone will invite me to anything, never invited to grouo chats, noone will try to talk to me.

I can only listen to "Me,Myself and I" so many times

ReputationRep:
    Quality is better than quantity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by A321)
    Quality is better than quantity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quality is better than 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So lets say I have made about 60 friends just this year, but noone will invite me to anything, never invited to grouo chats, noone will try to talk to me.

Story of my life lol.

Quality is better than 0
    *quantity is better than 0

(Original post by Anonbabes)
    Story of my life lol.
    I used to have a group of friends but not now ffs

ReputationRep:
    *quantity is better than 0
    Alright. They aren't exactly friends if these 60 people don't want to talk to you, in which case what's the point of quantity. But hey, each to their own I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend.

ReputationRep:

Try getting closer to them and being a part of their friendship group. I'm the same tbh

(Original post by kkboyk)
    Try getting closer to them and being a part of their friendship group. I'm the same tbh
    Bro i tried I think its because everyone is already in groups they are reluctant to make an effort.

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar problem, still do slightly as I've now left school. I tried to think hard about who my true friends are, who were the people I may have known for longer or formed a stronger friendship with. I then tried to rekindle those relationships, at first being the proactive one and inviting them out, whereas it is now a mutual thing where we invite eachother out. It'll work out.

ReputationRep:
    Bro i tried I think its because everyone is already in groups they are reluctant to make an effort.
    I feel you. Even my group of close friends plan events together since they all knew each other before I met them all, and the fact that I am from a different culture to them makes things even difficult.

I think the best solution for us would be to probably find a different group of friends :cry2:

(Original post by kkboyk)
    I feel you. Even my group of close friends plan events together since they all knew each other before I met them all, and the fact that I am from a different culture to them makes things even difficult.

I think the best solution for us would be to probably find a different group of friends :cry2:

Ah you are in a group, i aint in a group (((, yeah I have tried so many times with different groups. I have tried with people who havent known each other for long and I have also tried to join a group who have known each other for like 5 years.

It sucks maaan

The feels when your in tutor class and then people talking about snapchat and you say " I dont have you guys on snapchat"

Then they dont say anything FML

Only soloution is to become famous

ReputationRep:
    Are they really 'friends' if they don't treat you like one? If these are friends you added to FB, etc...social media to me, doesn't count as true friendships. True friends want to spend time with you, and invite you to things.

ReputationRep:
    Ah you are in a group, i aint in a group (((, yeah I have tried so many times with different groups. I have tried with people who havent known each other for long and I have also tried to join a group who have known each other for like 5 years.

It sucks maaan
    I'm part of a few groups, but I wouldn't say I am a member of any of them at all despite knowing them for years. Ah well, as long as I can find at least one interesting person to hang around with I'm cool with it

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of in the same position. I'm the one that usually initiates meeting up etc. Hmm they're just social acquaintances rather than friends hence the quotation marks in the title.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.