Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a current 1st (well second now I guess) year student at Cambridge, and am trying with a few people to organise a central guide to life at the uni for freshers. Most of us were clueless in the first few weeks as to workload and expectations etc, not to mention relying on legendary word of mouth for things such as Life and Gardies. A central guide on the internet (we have a website basically setup and as of now content-less) with information on all the colleges, city/uni life, departments, work, faculties, everything, is greatly needed.

So, we need people to write stuff, because we haven't been to every college and thus don't know about them all (obviously). We would simply like people to volunteer to write abotu their college, accomomdation, department, etc, on anything or everything to do with the uni, the work, the experience, and the city. Trivial or non trivial, we need opinions and articles on anything please! I can be found at mk526 (@cam...) with any ideas or questions or articles etc.

Thanks! Matt

ReputationRep:
    Checkout the entries on the TSR Wiki. There were some good ones.

ReputationRep:
    There are some good ones but it's really patchy. Thanks though that does help with a lot of what we need!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodles123)
    There are some good ones but it's really patchy. Thanks though that does help with a lot of what we need!
    If you manage to organise this by October, I'd really like a copy!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry; I'm a fresher :ninja: The right people probably will come along, but it will take a few days, I wager.

ReputationRep:
    *Steps forwards*

Send me a private message and I'll write stuff about Clare, History, some stuff about rowing, music, theatre, and other things if you like.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/sjc-jcr

Or just drop me a message to get the lo-down on St John's and/or first year mathematics

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everything is needed!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a current 1st (well second now I guess) year student at Cambridge, and am trying with a few people to organise a central guide to life at the uni for freshers. Most of us were clueless in the first few weeks as to workload and expectations etc, not to mention relying on legendary word of mouth for things such as Life and Gardies. A central guide on the internet (we have a website basically setup and as of now content-less) with information on all the colleges, city/uni life, departments, work, faculties, everything, is greatly needed.
    Wow, I really think that would be invaluable for us freshers. I would certainly like a read.

ReputationRep:
    You won't be able to just copy and paste them into your own website though.

ReputationRep:
    The Wiki has an attribution license so it says as long as i quote the TSR wiki as a source I can paste it in?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.