Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to learn to draw? A good place to start? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to learn to draw simple objects, humans, for animation type of things. Like movies like Tangled and Frozen.

Where is a good place to start? Apart from going to a course of course.

ReputationRep:
    You could get an anatomy booklet and start drawing from there, if you want to draw humans knowledge of anatomy helps plenty.

ReputationRep:
    Well, where everyone starts.

Get a piece of paper and some pencils. And literally start drawing something. There's no way to begin - you just do it. Pull up an image of Elsa or whatever. Try drawing her.

And keep doing it. It's just drawing shapes and developing it. You have to practise, though. You'll be pretty bad to begin with, but as times go on you'll get a knack for it.

If you're really struggling, there are infinite YouTube tutorials and sites that give guides for characters etc. Copy drawings and try and develop your own.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've been drawing my whole life. I would just be drawing whenever I got the chance to. And now I am making my own abstract art and it could be going in the Tate Modern.
    Just practice at home or wherever- draw everything around you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)
    Well, where everyone starts.

Get a piece of paper and some pencils. And literally start drawing something. There's no way to begin - you just do it. Pull up an image of Elsa or whatever. Try drawing her.

And keep doing it. It's just drawing shapes and developing it. You have to practise, though. You'll be pretty bad to begin with, but as times go on you'll get a knack for it.

If you're really struggling, there are infinite YouTube tutorials and sites that give guides for characters etc. Copy drawings and try and develop your own.

Good luck!
    (Original post by Grumpyteen)
    I've been drawing my whole life. I would just be drawing whenever I got the chance to. And now I am making my own abstract art and it could be going in the Tate Modern.
    Just practice at home or wherever- draw everything around you.
    Nice, thank you. I will start drawing some simple shapes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.