Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

So basically from September I will be a uni student doing a one day a week course, have a current account with the halifax for my work wages, I guess my question is this, is it worth getting a student account as well? as not so clued up on these things and also if anyone knows if any of the banks are doing any extra offers/incentives?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Not too sure if you can get a student account if you're part time. Most students get a student account for the interest free overdraft.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    What Tiger said. It appears to be full time students only. There appears to be no allowance for p/t students.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm sure I read somewhere that some OU students (who mostly study part time) got a student bank account; but couldn't remember who it was with. I've just done a quick Google. Now, HSBC say you can get a student account with them if you're part time and receive DSA.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats cool, I guess I should have said that although its one day a week, its a vocational course as will have two/three days at work placement so apparently it counts as full time
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I looked at the basic eligibiliyu criterua for 5 banks. They must have had the issue before, so its where theyd raw the line as which counts as full time and which P/t course they are prepared to service. If you dont ask you dont get,.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.