Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I'm due to go on the OASC on 29th July - applying for Legal Officer - and wondered if anyone else will be there?

Also, if anyone has just completed an OASC - any help/tips would be most appreciated - esp re the problem solving and the interview, any reports on the fitness test would also be useful, ie. which order do you do the bleep test, sit ups and press ups, etc... the more info the better!

Thanks for your help.

AyshC

ReputationRep:
    You do the bleep test, push-ups and then sit ups. My top tip would just be yourself and don't be afraid to take the lead in your syndicate during the group stage. My only real criticism on my report was that, even though I took the lead early on, it looked like I did it reluctantly.

ReputationRep:
    Speed, distance, time calculations are quite a big element of aptitudes but if your going legal then aptitudes won't be a problem for you, however the calculations do pop up in the group planning ex. Being good at these makes your life a lot easier when discussing with the group what to do in the ex as you can contribute more ideas and help make decisions easier, hopefully showing the boarding officers the qualities they want to see!
    The individual problem solving ex is more about your ability to come up with a solution to a problem and more importantly to be able to explain why you came to that decision. Its basically to show the boarding officers that you can make decisions on your own two feet. There is more than one way of completing each problem and they will probably point out other ways you could've done it.
    For the interview, just be yourself and if you dont know the answer to a question, dont try and blag it!
    If you are reasonably fit then the fitness test shouldn't be a problem.
    Hope i wasn't too long winded and hope it helps!
    Good luck!
    R

ReputationRep:
    the mental arithmetic is quite basic although it will feel harder than normal because you will be putting yourself under pressure. Remember that problem solving is not just about calcs. Conceptual problem solving, flexibility, judgement and common sense are important too.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.