Turn on thread page Beta

How did you meet your significant other? watch

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few people on here complain about not being able to get a bf/gf. So I'm curious...what is the story of how you met your significant other or, if you're not still together, a long term relationship?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    Quite a few people on here complain about not being able to get a bf/gf. So I'm curious...what is the story of how you met your significant other or, if you're not still together, a long term relationship?
    We met at a midnight film showing, love finds you in strange places.

At sixth form, I'm the year above him
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    We lived in the same flat in halls at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry class in secondary school. He sat in front of me and he helped me with my work after I missed a few lessons and it went from there and then I realised my guy friends knew him and we all started to hang out outside of school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "The hand is a wonderful thing...."

ReputationRep:
    Through TSR, 4 1/2 months so far

ReputationRep:
    I met her in a train in Tokyo, she was the only caucasian in the car. I had seen her in the station. Both of us had just moved to Japan and were excited to live there.

We started talking, I learned she had been a probation officer in Britain, I had worked as a student in a halfway house for criminal ex-offenders. I gave her my business card and she called. The rest is history - 27 years of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Through TSR, 4 1/2 months so far
    Are you serious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    Are you serious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol: yes kanzev

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alcibiade)
    I met her in a train in Tokyo, she was the only caucasian in the car. I had seen her in the station. Both of us had just moved to Japan and were excited to live there.

We started talking, I learned she had been a probation officer in Britain, I had worked as a student in a halfway house for criminal ex-offenders. I gave her my business card and she called. The rest is history - 27 years of it.
    That is awesome! :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.