Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to have the best chances when applying to a top university for maths (ie Oxbridge). I'm not saying absolutely maths is what I want to do, and I think it maybe a little naive of me to say so, as I'm an all-rounded guy, and I think anything could be possible in the next year before applying. I'm keeping an open mind. Note I'm taking Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Economics (and the damned General Studies).

Anyway, I understand the merit of extra curricular activities regarding a subject. So could any of the more learned members of this forum suggest some ideas (even physics related ones, as the boundary between maths and physics is rather close)...

I've got a couple of projects planned, but I would like to supplement my ideas.

Thanks in advanced,
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    UKMT maths challenges. Tutor a couple of GCSE students. Extra reading. I think that pretty much sums up what I did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetfloss)
    UKMT maths challenges.
    Absolutely! Get a good problem-solving textbook and work your way up to the top! Maths challenges are extremely useful to maximise your chances at Oxbridge!

ReputationRep:
    you don't need to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    I've shamefully never done one in my life. I've never seen the point, obviously until now...

Thanks for the comments,

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 8, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.