Turn on thread page Beta

Half the population has Keratosis Pilaris watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.helpforkp.com/

I have this all on my arms, legs and bum. hate it. do a google search for it for more pictures but if yuou have it will usually be on back of upper arms.

Anyone else have it?
    Anyone know how to treat it. Doctor wont give me cream. Might bring a print of from the web page. Most Doctors say it excema or dry skins. HATE IT!

ReputationRep:
    Aye it's crap - but doesn't bother me tbh, it's not that noticable really?

ReputationRep:
    I've got it. I don't care. I've seen heaps of people with it.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is bad and I think because it is all over my body except for a few places. I am very pale and have freckles. It is very rough and I get embrassed when I meet guys or people who have to touch me.

ReputationRep:
    I say if they want to touch you let them touch away! lol!

Seriously, forget about it. 50% of the population have it, your no different from John or Mary down the road!

ReputationRep:
    I've got it, and it flares up at random times. I've found that gentle exfoliation and moisturising can help (though you should only have to do this occasionally, not too regularly!)

ReputationRep:
    oh yes. as i like to call it.. "frog/toad skin"

mines quite bad too. It's all ewwww.

ReputationRep:
    if half the pop have it, then dont worry about it! everyone else has issues with some point of how they look, at least you dont have another nose growing out of your forehead! lol. or something random like that

ReputationRep:
    I have terrible lumpy, spotty bits on the backs of my thighs, but I think they're mainly ingrowers

ReputationRep:
    I have it the outside/back of my upper arms,
    Doesn't really bother me tbh,
    Obviously i wish i could get rid of it =P
    I didn't realise that many people had it though =O

ReputationRep:
    I dont have it, but when I was having my tattoo the guy doing it was talking about it, saying its a pain in the arse to tattoo skin like that. He called it 'Turkey skin'

ReputationRep:
    I have it, and hate it! Ugh!

ReputationRep:
    Wow I didn't know it existed. I have it on my butt, I've spent years trying to get rid of it! It's nice to know that lots of people have it so I don't have to worry I'm a freak

ReputationRep:
    I saw an ad for a cream that's specially designed for it that's available at Selfridges - http://www.dermadoctor.com/uk/index1.html

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/Con...6E2346E2750%7D

Nope, I don't have it, I 've seen it on friends though, didn't realise it had a name. I figured it was related to their weight as the only people i've seen with it are overweight, not massively but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timeslikethese)
    Nope, I don't have it, I 've seen it on friends though, didn't realise it had a name. I figured it was related to their weight as the only people i've seen with it are overweight, not massively but yeah.
    Lol, I'm size 8-10 and I have it, so I hope it's just not the fatties Weird that so many people have it though, I had no idea. It is such a pain in the ass but exfoliating and moisturising usually makes mine go away. Runs in the family but what can you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravenous_soup_dragon)
    Lol, I'm size 8-10 and I have it, so I hope it's just not the fatties Weird that so many people have it though, I had no idea. It is such a pain in the ass but exfoliating and moisturising usually makes mine go away. Runs in the family but what can you do?

ha ha same

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I have this. Legs, arms, back, bum... I find scrubbing pretty vigorously and moisturising helps, but meh. I'm so jealous of people with smooth arms.

And I'm slim too. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have it on my arms, i've always wondered what it was because a nurse told me it was just a rash that would go away...that was like years ago and its stillllllll here. It doesnt bother me too much, would be nicer if it wasnt there but its not the end of the world, i'm used to it now xx

ReputationRep:
    All over my legs ewwww

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.