Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The stuff I need to get is pretty expensive. Any idea where I could get stuff a bit cheaper than at brand-new price?

ReputationRep:
    If you know what you need and are happy with a bit of leg work, eBay is a money saver. And Amazon.

Kili isn't a technical climb, so you don't need anything too specifically 'mountain'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    If you know what you need and are happy with a bit of leg work, eBay is a money saver. And Amazon.

Kili isn't a technical climb, so you don't need anything too specifically 'mountain'.
    That is true, thanks. Just need to be patient and diligent I guess ...

ReputationRep:
    Make sure to play Pokemon Go while you're there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellomynameisr)
    Make sure to play Pokemon Go while you're there...
    haha I haven't given the game a go yet, I feel i might not have the self-discipline to stop once I start!

ReputationRep:
    Kilimanjiro is not too difficult, it's hardly Everest.

Why not just sign up with a tour company. They will supply everything you need.

ReputationRep:
    join a tour and do it with others lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Kilimanjiro is not too difficult, it's hardly Everest.

Why not just sign up with a tour company. They will supply everything you need.
    Don't worry, I am not doing it alone! But I have to buy my own **** which is a bit annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xenobiologist)
    Don't worry, I am not doing it alone! But I have to buy my own **** which is a bit annoying.
    forward planning is best, I got my stuff in the post xmas sales and managed to do it quite cheap... if you have any sports wear (tracksuit bottoms, sports tops, leggings) that can do for most of your general walking gear, just search for bargains on sportsdirect, gooutdoors, decathlon etc and try and find some deals... maybe try gumtree/ebay for things like sleeping bag, walking poles, rucksack? also, don't take a lot in the way of clothes as you really won't bother changing much, just bring the various layers you need and leave it there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.