The Student Room Group

When she wants your attention?

Does it mean she likes you or does it mean she just wants attention from anyone?*

It's hard to describe my situation but I got I contact with a friend, after around 3 months of not talking to her.*

She has been sending multiple texts and replies straightaway, even if I don't reply she will send more.
Who knows... but you miss all the shots you don't take...
Do you mean is she interested in you as more than a friend?
If so, is the case that youre hoping she does because you feel the same or that you only see her as a friend and dont want to have an awkward conversation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Making this post anonymous because i dont want anyone to know who i am..

Im in a similar situation but im like the girl.. I dont send lots of messages but i reply fast with one or two whereas he takes forever.. I like him, so there is a chance the girl likes you and she just wants to keep the conversation going
Original post by Anonymous
Does it mean she likes you or does it mean she just wants attention from anyone?*

It's hard to describe my situation but I got I contact with a friend, after around 3 months of not talking to her.*

She has been sending multiple texts and replies straightaway, even if I don't reply she will send more.

It's person specific and I think you need to find out very clearly whether she likes you or not and interpret everything right, otherwise this kinda thing can mess with your mind if you get too caught up in it.

I was friends with a girl who said she loves attention "from the right people" but it was very confusing. She made me feel special a lot of the time, but then I'd feel like she was just like that with everyone.

That girl is very popular with loads of friends and loads of people talking to her all the time, but we became close and if I didn't reply for like an hour or more, she'd write new messages without caring about "double texting" and sometimes message things like "where did you go come back".
Another time, I cut the convo short as I was annoyed about something she said and she kept messaging me like "Attention :frown:".
Other times, she'd say that she's ignoring everyone else and only speaking to me which always gave me the impression that she really valued my attention. In fact, we had several conversations openly talking about the whole attention thing.
But on her twitter I got the impression that she just loves attention in general, like once she was sad about something and then tweeted "attention pls :frown:" and just other attention seeking tactics she had.

Another time, she messaged me late at night, high on narcotics, saying
"Are you awake
Please be awake
You're the only one I want to speak to
I took mcat and I feel so great and wanna talk to you"

And ofc that made me feel rly good and like I was special, but then she tweeted something like "I feel so great I want to talk to everyone"
Which was kinda *****y and confusing.

These are just a few examples of a girl I knew that loved attention, sometimes my attention, but I could never let myself fall for it and let myself think that she actually liked me as I knew she got her ego fed from so many people each day and she'd eventually replace me in a heartbeat.

Things turned bad in our friendship (flirtationship at times) and I got tired of her s.h.i.t and stopped showing interest and one day we just never messaged each other again (January 28th).

So as for your case, you think she's showing interest but it may not mean anything at all. Don't jump to any conclusions, see how things develop and most importantly, stay vigilant.
Reply 5
Original post by KingLhasaApso
Do you mean is she interested in you as more than a friend?
If so, is the case that youre hoping she does because you feel the same or that you only see her as a friend and dont want to have an awkward conversation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In all honesty she is pretty but I've never liked her in that way. But now she is different and she is sort of on my mind all the time. *
Reply 6
It's person specific and I think you need to find out very clearly whether she likes you or not and interpret everything right, otherwise this kinda thing can mess with your mind if you get too caught up in it.

I was friends with a girl who said she loves attention "from the right people" but it was very confusing. She made me feel special a lot of the time, but then I'd feel like she was just like that with everyone.

That girl is very popular with loads of friends and loads of people talking to her all the time, but we became close and if I didn't reply for like an hour or more, she'd write new messages without caring about "double texting" and sometimes message things like "where did you go come back".
Another time, I cut the convo short as I was annoyed about something she said and she kept messaging me like "Attention :frown:".
Other times, she'd say that she's ignoring everyone else and only speaking to me which always gave me the impression that she really valued my attention. In fact, we had several conversations openly talking about the whole attention thing.
But on her twitter I got the impression that she just loves attention in general, like once she was sad about something and then tweeted "attention pls :frown:" and just other attention seeking tactics she had.

Another time, she messaged me late at night, high on narcotics, saying
"Are you awake
Please be awake
You're the only one I want to speak to
I took mcat and I feel so great and wanna talk to you"

And ofc that made me feel rly good and like I was special, but then she tweeted something like "I feel so great I want to talk to everyone"
Which was kinda *****y and confusing.

These are just a few examples of a girl I knew that loved attention, sometimes my attention, but I could never let myself fall for it and let myself think that she actually liked me as I knew she got her ego fed from so many people each day and she'd eventually replace me in a heartbeat.

Things turned bad in our friendship (flirtationship at times) and I got tired of her s.h.i.t and stopped showing interest and one day we just never messaged each other again (January 28th).

So as for your case, you think she's showing interest but it may not mean anything at all. Don't jump to any conclusions, see how things develop and most importantly, stay vigilant.

thanks for sharing this, I guess I need to flirt with her in person and see how she reacts to it.*

I've known her for a while and it don't think she is the type of person who has an ego. But I'll be aware*
Reply 7
Making this post anonymous because i dont want anyone to know who i am..

Im in a similar situation but im like the girl.. I dont send lots of messages but i reply fast with one or two whereas he takes forever.. I like him, so there is a chance the girl likes you and she just wants to keep the conversation going

I agree she wants the conversation to keep going, so I have to see in person how she reacts **

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending