Turn on thread page Beta

Being overweight and girls. watch

Announcements

hello people

I don't usually post in here, but I have a small problem. Basically I have met this girl, to me she seems pretty awesome, we've talked on the phone and she seems to like me (w00t). My friends say she is way out of my league.
    The problem arises here, she wants to meet up, that's cool. Thing is I am overweight, and I have been since I've finished my exams doing the appropriate things to lose weight. But still I feel this is going to be problem when I properly meet her. I have a feeling she does like me but feel my weight may get in the way. Boy, I regret those ice creams now :p:
    My question is really, girls, would you go out with an overweight guy?

ReputationRep:
    have you met her?

ReputationRep:
    Does she know you're overweight?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If she doesn't know maybe tell her and also that you are making an effort to lose the weight, she might support you for it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, out of personal taste, but a good friend of mine likes her guys to be a bit overweight, and she's a slim, good looking girl. Similarly, I have a friend who's in a very long term relationship with an overweight guy. My point being that it's a matter of taste for the girl in question. As already asked, does she know you're overweight?

ReputationRep:
    it depends on how overweight, a few extra pounds is OK.

also you need to tell her before you meet up, maybe send her a pic or something.

Yeah she does know I'm over weight.

Im not a few pounds over weight... say about a stone maybe.

Well, I haven't met her as such I saw her at an interview we both, I'm pretty sure she saw me. Although at that time, we didn't know each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah she does know I'm over weight.

Im not a few pounds over weight... say about a stone maybe.
    a stone overweight is nothing - and she knows, so just try and relax

(and work on slimming down.)

ReputationRep:
    As long as your slimming down and keeping everything in check, theres only one way that your weight is going and that's down. I wouldn't worry bout' it too much fella'.

ReputationRep:
    If you're trying to lose weight, make sure you do it for the right reasons. Your reasonings for losing weight should not be meeting her, it should soley be for yourself.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Also I am going up to her place to meet her about an 1 hour away, because Im going up there for a week for another reason, but she might be coming down to where I live during August. Should I wait and see her in August or should I meet her as planned (about 2 weeks)?

btw I just checked, I'm 2stone overweight... oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Also I am going up to her place to meet her about an 1 hour away, because Im going up there for a week for another reason, but she might be coming down to where I live during August. Should I wait and see her in August or should I meet her as planned (about 2 weeks)?

btw I just checked, I'm 2stone overweight... oh dear
    If you're that worried about it put it off til' August. That's enough time to lose a stone and a bit. But I don't think you should.

(Original post by RockyApolla)
    If you're trying to lose weight, make sure you do it for the right reasons. Your reasonings for losing weight should not be meeting her, it should soley be for yourself.
    Lol yeah I see what your saying, I would have got my act together a bit earlier, just some family/personal stuff kept coming up.

dont be ridiculous, your a really sweet guy look kinda cute too hehe monxx

ReputationRep:
    What's your build like? If you're fairly built anyway, being overweight won't look too out of place on you. I have a friend who is rather overweight, he even has moobs lol, but he's pretty built so he doesn't look too bad, in fact I think he's rather adorable! That's partly because he has an amazing personality though, and I'm sure with you, your girl will appreciate your personality and won't be fussed about your weight. If you like someone as a person you're more likely to be attracted to them even if they're not what you would normally go for physically.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.