Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I need to prove that I am an independent student.

    Is complicated. Mums husband kicked me out the house at 15 and Dad disowned me when I didn't want to live with him. So my grandparents raised me, collected my child benefits and supported me.

    I now live with my partner and have for 2 years, supporting my self on benefits with my partners help, which stop now I'm going back into education.

    I still speak to my Mum, but she hasn't supported me or been my guardian since I was 15. Dad is completely out of the picture.

    The extra money from being declared independent is needed to pay rent, bills, food and travel costs.

    I have a letter from my previous teacher saying I lived with my grandparents in college, but I am worried this won't be enough.

    Advice and suggestions please!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Were social services involved?
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.