Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you spend on this forum? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    With all due respect i don't think you know much about what i want. :rolleyes:
    LOL I know (not about what u want)

i was just giving an example of what it is to not like going out

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I spent hours and hours a day on the computer, but now I'm a bit older I can go out more and do more interesting stuff. It's crap being stuck halfway between kids games and not being able to go out, so I understand why UKL is an attractive option

(Original post by me!)
    I've yet to go to a club, I don't wanna go to the under 18's nights where everyone is like 12. I'm waiting till I can go to real clubs
    I can get into real clubs because i look 18, but i don't like it still.

(Original post by Tinykates)
    too long. that's why i'm not making threads anymore
    Yay! ....I mean, what a shame....

(Original post by me!)
    i was just giving an example of what it is to not like going out
    It sounds good to me.

(Original post by Hayley...)
    Oh, but visiting friends is also good. But that also needs money as some of them live so blooomin' far away...
    I don't befriend people outside walking range.

(Original post by pikaboo)
    When I was 16 I spent hours and hours a day on the computer, but now I'm a bit older I can go out more and do more interesting stuff. It's crap being stuck halfway between kids games and not being able to go out, so I understand why UKL is an attractive option
    Well i'm 16, so i have an excuse now.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm 16, so i have an excuse now.
    Yeah, I typed that with you in mind
    If I wasn't on here I'd be playing on The Sims though, so there's not really much of a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I don't befriend people outside walking range.
    You wait til the gits move house....

My best friend now lives a good hour and a half away, with a bus, train and another bus journey. And as for the bloke.. He lives 90 miles away, 140 when he's at university. I can't afford to visit, and it takes me a good hour and a half to get into central London, and two and a half hours when he's at home... It isn't fun.

(Original post by pikaboo)
    If I wasn't on here I'd be playing on The Sims though, so there's not really much of a difference.
    The sims, pokemon, empire earth - it's all good.

(Original post by Hayley...)
    You wait til the gits move house....

My best friend now lives a good hour and a half away, with a bus, train and another bus journey. And as for the bloke.. He lives 90 miles away, 140 when he's at university. I can't afford to visit, and it takes me a good hour and a half to get into central London, and two and a half hours when he's at home... It isn't fun.
    Get some new friends, who are closer, or force them to come to you.

ReputationRep:
    Get some new friends, who are closer, or force them to come to you.
    Ah, but I like my friends... I do have the added advantage of an extensive public transport network at my disposal. I do like journeys to visit people, I just can't afford it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    14 hours is a respectable time to spend on UKL.
    Dont you feel like doing something more productive with your time insted of wasting it on an internet site (speaking about well, lets be honest, crap :P)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    Dont you feel like doing something more productive with your time insted of wasting it on an internet site (speaking about well, lets be honest, crap :P)?
    Me in particular or people in general? all of what is said is not just useless drivel, but some of it is quite useful. I have plenty of things to do, I just get them done quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Me in particular or people in general? all of what is said is not just useless drivel, but some of it is quite useful. I have plenty of things to do, I just get them done quickly.
    Well I singled you out because of the '14 hours is respectable' comment. I seriously cannot believe this.

ReputationRep:
    i used to spend A long time when i was still at college coz there were some things on here that could help me understand topics a bit better. now that college has finished, i rarely come on here now.

ReputationRep:
    1-2 hours a day depending on how boring the threads are on the particular day!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    UKL sits open in my browser in the background all day at work (9am-5/6pm so a good 7-8 hrs...I'm not actually doing anything for that time)...and sometimes I'll log in for an hours or 2 in the evening if hubby is killing monsters on the x-box...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.