Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying medical sciences at the moment, and have just finished my first year. I'm thinking of doing Pharmacy instead? Maybe studying pharmacy would give me a better career in the future. I'm not more or less interested in either of the subjects compared to the other. Plus I'm 22 already and don't want to waste my time doing a degree which is relatively pointless. My A-levels are A*AAB(C) and I don't really mind starting the pharmacy degree from the beginning if it's worth it. What do you guys think?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why not do medicine or dentistry...with your grades I'm sure you have a strong chance of being considered for those courses.

I can't really say much for your scenario as I don't personally study biomed....but all of my friends who have studied it have told me that getting a job from it isn't impossible, just need to know where to look, but most of them after completing their 1st year or even their whole degree ( which means that they/you will need to pay for the tuition and maintenance for the second degree ) have gone onto studying dentistry and medicine, but you do need a minimum of a 2:1 grade in your previous related degree, again, with your A level grades, you'll have a strong chance.

I'm a ex-1st year pharmacy student/going to be studying pharmacy again this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaphrax)
    Why not do medicine or dentistry...with your grades I'm sure you have a strong chance of being considered for those courses.

I can't really say much for your scenario as I don't personally study biomed....but all of my friends who have studied it have told me that getting a job from it isn't impossible, just need to know where to look, but most of them after completing their 1st year or even their whole degree ( which means that they/you will need to pay for the tuition and maintenance for the second degree ) have gone onto studying dentistry and medicine, but you do need a minimum of a 2:1 grade in your previous related degree, again, with your A level grades, you'll have a strong chance.

I'm a ex-1st year pharmacy student/going to be studying pharmacy again this year

Hello,I hope you okay, I have just had 2 offers in two different universities in the UK. One is Diagnostic Radiography and the other is Pharmacy. I have not been able to make a decision. Which of these two is preferable. I know pharmacy has a higher salary, and more years of studies while Diagnostic Radiography has higher job prospects, 3 years of studies though its salary is lower.
    Please could any one advice me on which of the courses is better?

I had loved medicine or dentistry though, but my grades did not suffice.

thanks a ton.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.