Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Do you get flies and moths in your house? watch

ReputationRep:
    The problem with this weather is you open the windows to let fresh air in but then the house is full of moths and flies that just fly around in circles underneath the light but won't leave the house!

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    who doesn't get flies in their house?
    Those tiny buggers get in all the time
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and our venus flytraps died so :emo: they cannot be stopped

ReputationRep:
    Occasionally, but my cats take care of them a lot of the time

ReputationRep:
    YES i get MOTHS and they are true devils. Bloody terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    All the time! Ever since we installed the cat flap, we have flies coming in pretty much constantly (we have to prop it open because my cat can't work out how to use it otherwise). How can they find their way in through a little cat flap, and then not be able to get out through an open door?!

ReputationRep:
    Flies and moths are attracted to foul odours, so you guys should do more to clean your house/room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    All the time! Ever since we installed the cat flap, we have flies coming in pretty much constantly (we have to prop it open because my cat can't work out how to use it otherwise). How can they find their way in through a little cat flap, and then not be able to get out through an open door?!

They can pick up odours through the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    Omg I cannot stand moths, I literally hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    YES i get MOTHS and they are true devils. Bloody terrifying.

Yes the big ones are indeed scary, its a good thing that they're rare, unless you live in the countryside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Yes the big ones are indeed scary, its a good thing that they're rare, unless you live in the countryside
    I get really big ones in my house and I don't even live in the countryside :eek:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i shooed out 3 flies today. i conducted the way out for the first fly which got out easily; then i closed the window but a few moments later, another came in (i sure hope it wasnt the same one cos im going to judge its intelligence) and shooed that one out, then another came in and shooed that one out too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    I get really big ones in my house and I don't even live in the countryside :eek:
    Lucky I don't !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i shooed out 3 flies today. i conducted the way out for the first fly which got out easily; then i closed the window but a few moments later, another came in (i sure hope it wasnt the same one cos im going to judge its intelligence) and shooed that one out, then another came in and shooed that one out too
    Any advice on shooing them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a fly swat that should be coming today or in the next few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    I got a fly swat that should be coming today or in the next few days.
    Where did you buy it from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Where did you buy it from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Amazon..3 for £3

ReputationRep:
    Flies, no.

Moths, all the time, there is like 4moths in my room right now. At some point you just learn to live with them, until they start flying round smashing into everything, then they can be shooed out. Otherwise I just leave them alone.

ReputationRep:
    I hate moths so much! I can't leave my window open, it's currently closed and I'm dying by it's so hot

ReputationRep:
    I eat them all, none escape, they taste soooo good.

ReputationRep:
    I have never ever understood people's disdain for moths, they're just smaller butterflies? kinda cute.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.