Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been to uni (totally took the wrong course for me ) used up 4 years student finance and came out with a HND . I am wanting to study nursing (wanted to do this from the start but pushed into doing something unrelatable). I have a job in community health care and would like to live at home and study nursing while working part time ( I would give the job up if needed to study) . I do have the money to pay for travel etc it's just the tuition fees I need paying for

I want to know if I am eligible for the nhs bursary , any funding and how I go about applying when I've already been to uni.

- I have GCSEs, alevels and looking to study at Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham or Leeds

Please help!
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana123123)
    Thanks in advance
    Bursaries are stopping from August 2017.
    Meaning students who begin a health related degree from September 2017 will not receive a bursary. They will need to apply for a student loan.
    If you have already received student funding you can still get funding for a health care degree as these are exempt under the funding rules.

There is plenty of news about this and the finer details if you do a quick Google search.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.