The Student Room Group

Medicine - Scotland Interviews

I know this is a while away, but I'm thinking of applying in 2019, taking a gap year in 2018. Does anyone know when the interviews usually take place for the Scottish universities? (I'm thinking of spending time abroad during my year out)

Reply 1
Original post by jennyms26
I know this is a while away, but I'm thinking of applying in 2019, taking a gap year in 2018. Does anyone know when the interviews usually take place for the Scottish universities? (I'm thinking of spending time abroad during my year out)

I'm afraid this depends on the university and the time it takes to process your application. Some get interviewed early December/ January all the way up to March (St Andrews)

Any time between mid-november and early April, and you will not know until a week/month before your interview sadly x
Reply 3
Original post by Natalierm2707
Any time between mid-november and early April, and you will not know until a week/month before your interview sadly x

Just a note. Some universities give quite a bit of prior notice. Some two or three months. I've even seen more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mliela
Just a note. Some universities give quite a bit of prior notice. Some two or three months. I've even seen more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats true, but some also give very little notice, and considering its hard to know before applying its best to expect little notice as not to miss an interview oppurtunity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Natalierm2707
Thats true, but some also give very little notice, and considering its hard to know before applying its best to expect little notice as not to miss an interview oppurtunity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah of course. OPs best bet is to avoid travelling between November and April. So either before or after will be better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go have fun instead of worrying about med school interviews lmao you're not getting in for another 3 years (at least, most likely more). You'll have plenty of time to stress out over this kinda bullsh!t when the time comes take my word for it.
Why don't you apply in 2018 for deferred entry, then take the gap year in 2019 without having to worry about interviews and stuff during the year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Aleveltimes
Why don't you apply in 2018 for deferred entry, then take the gap year in 2019 without having to worry about interviews and stuff during the year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'd thought about that too, but is there much chance of getting a deferred entry?!
Reply 9
Original post by AliRizzo
Go have fun instead of worrying about med school interviews lmao you're not getting in for another 3 years (at least, most likely more). You'll have plenty of time to stress out over this kinda bullsh!t when the time comes take my word for it.

Haha, thanks :smile: :laugh:
Reply 10
Yeah, I'd thought about that too, but is there much chance of getting a deferred entry?!

I don't see why not. I know people who have gotten deferred entry for medicine. And what have you got to lose by trying?

Perfectly possible! And apart from the application fee, you have little to lose by trying for it; if it doesn't work out then you can still apply the following year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending