Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Atheists/Anti-theists, how many religious friends do you have? watch

ReputationRep:
    As above. Same question but in reverse for religious believers.

I'm a Christian and my group of friends consists of both including a couple who really don't like religion. I really don't really care what religion other people are but religion seems to bother quite a few people on here and a couple even think that all religious believers are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    None. I don't believe in atheists.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an atheist and all my close friends are atheists or agnostic. I have a few acquaintances who are Christian but that's about it. I'd happily be friends with anyone who is religious as long as they respect my views and don't try to push their views onto me, just like I would respect their right to believe in whatever they want to as well and leave it at that.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I have a huge mix of friends of all different religions! :yep: I'm an atheist!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm an atheist, and I'd say about 70% have a religion, but only 20% are actually religious. And it's not a problem. :yep:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I m an atheist, my OH and one of my best friends believe in God (but don't subscribe to a religion) everybody else is an atheist.

ReputationRep:
    All my friends are religious

ReputationRep:
    I have two friends, one friend who is atheist, and the other who believes in 'something', but does not follow any organised religion

ReputationRep:
    i'm religious and most my friends follow a religion too. most people i know/ that go to my school are not religious though.
    i'll be friends with anyone who accepts & respect my views, I'll obviously do the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't even know what religions my friends have, or if they have one at all... we don't tend to talk about these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I'm an atheist, and I'd say about 70% have a religion, but only 20% are actually religious. And it's not a problem. :yep:
    Sounds about right. I'm also an atheist and I have Muslim friends who eat pork and Hindu friends who eat beef.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    none of my friends think about religion. though when we do pass an RE exam we like to think we're christians/buddhists :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I am agnostic and two of my closest friends are Christians, one of them is a liberal Christian.
    I really don't know many non-believers, so I have no choice to make Christian friends anyway. Most of my friends overall have been a Muslim and Christians, I do try and avoid making friends with overly religious people though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an atheist and probably most of my friends are agnostic with a couple atheist. There's only a small majority of agnostic though - my friends also include Christians of various denominations as well as Muslims and Sikhs. In school I had a couple of Hindu friends but not in touch anymore to be honest we just don't talk about religion and it isn't an issue. Also my tolerance of religion has increased a lot since I was younger, going from antitheist to just atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    Tbh I don't even know what religions my friends have, or if they have one at all... we don't tend to talk about these things
    I think this is the way to do it. back in year 7 we always had a ton of arguments over religions and how we couldn't understand how you could/couldn't follow a religion. Now none of us care at all and just banter about it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have no religious friends, but I did previously have two Christian friends who were from religious countries.

ReputationRep:
    I'm christian and most of them friends are Christians too (different domination's), i do have a few agnostic and atheist friends

ReputationRep:
    Many people may be surprised to know that one of my closest friends at Uni is a devout Muslim. The rest are non-religious.

ReputationRep:
    I'm agnostic, but I have around 11 jewish friends.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Don't have many religious friends.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.