Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi there, i have completed my bsc hons and i want to pursue a career in something where i can combine law too with accounting and finance like corporate lawyer.Is it appropriate to get enrolled in LLB now or is there a different more suitable pathway i should follow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyes255)
    hi there, i have completed my bsc hons and i want to pursue a career in something where i can combine law too with accounting and finance like corporate lawyer.Is it appropriate to get enrolled in LLB now or is there a different more suitable pathway i should follow?
    I just completed the GDL (Graduate diploma in law). It's a one year conversation course that means you can start the LPC or BPTC the year after (the LPC is usually done after the three year law degree and is the second step to becoming a solicitor).

If you want the LLB after your name, BPP (Which I can recommend) and recently University of law offer a top up option to do distance learning modules to gain a full law degree after your GDL- but only the GDL is needed for the LPC.http://www.bpp.com/postgraduate-cour...aduate/GDL/145 Have a look at the web-link and google the GDL. It expensive, but rewarding if you're committed. On a side note- sign up to the pro bono stuff early- otherwise all the good stuff is gone.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much,that helped alot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.