The Student Room Group

Did really well in GCSEs, did badly in AS

Scroll to see replies

What about UCL? That's a good university. What are you planning to study?
Reply 21
Original post by Student403
nah oxbridge doesn't care about extra curriculars

I mean I never applied for Oxbridge and doubt I would have got in but I know people who have graduated, a pretty even split between Oxford and Cambridge and they spoke about their extra-curriculars in their personal statements and interviews. They also all had or have interesting things they do in life other than study.
Original post by abc:)
I mean I never applied for Oxbridge and doubt I would have got in but I know people who have graduated, a pretty even split between Oxford and Cambridge and they spoke about their extra-curriculars in their personal statements and interviews. They also all had or have interesting things they do in life other than study.

Correlation =/= causation. Other universities care somewhat, and most people apply to others which is why they include them. Also it's pretty dull to live your life without pursuing other things.

But you can ask the oxbridge experts on TSR and they will tell you the same.

"We don't discourage students from pursuing extra-curricular activities they apply to five universities, not just us but we tell them upfront that they won't be assessed on that by Oxford." - Oxford spokesman
AAAC cry me a ****ing river
I did cry when I first got the predictions.
Original post by Anonymous
I did cry when I first got the predictions.

You would've probably killed yourself then if you got my AS predictions (BCCE) :tongue:

Although, I didn't 10 A*s at GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending