Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm 16 and not worked before and need 2 references what do I do?

    Potential employers should be understanding about the lack of work references, but they'll want character references instead. As a rule of thumb, you want someone as a reference who is a "Professional" - teacher, working in health or the third sector, working in civil service. Generally includes people with office jobs. That person also shouldn't be closely related to you - i.e. no siblings or parents.

    In other words, do you have a favourite teacher? Have you ever volunteered somewhere, or been to Guides/Scouts/similar organisations? Do you have a decent relationship with someone at your local library, or a family friend who might be able to help?
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.