Turn on thread page Beta

Dates with boyfriend/girlfriend watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange that my boyfriend and I have never actually been out anywhere together to do anything 'datish'? Usually we'll hang out, watch TV, mess about a bit or at most go on a walk. Is this weird? It's just that all my friends seem to go on regular dates with their partners, even if they've been together a while. I supppose I would like to be taken out but my boyfriend can't really think of anything to do because neither of us are particularly into eating out, which seems to be what he considers a date because that's what all our friends do!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should try somewhere different eating out. You should do what makes you happy, and if you're happy just to be together, that's great. Have you been on holiday together?

ReputationRep:
    Watch TV? How about we take your passion for media, and we organise you two little love birds 2 tickets at the local movie theatre and a pizza before hand.

How about that?

ReputationRep:
    Ice-skating
    Bowling
    Pool hall
    Snooker hall
    Picnic
    River boat trip
    Sightseeing
    Trip to coast

All aren't too expensive and very doable.

Just don't go to the cinema. I hate 'dates' like that. They're so awful. Might as well watch it at home, save some money, have some fun.

You don't have to do dateish things. As a guy, I'm quite lazy and content in my own little world, but periodically something different can be good. Don't worry if you never do anything like that though. Loads of people don't and I can't say I'd complain if I went out with someone who was content not too.

ReputationRep:
    I would personally like to go to the movies but my boyfriend thinks it's a bad date because you can't talk!!! I reason that we get to talk loads anyway but he's pretty stubborn! I guess there's not really all that much we could do seeings as we can't seem to agree on much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wez)
    Ice-skating
    Bowling
    Pool hall
    Snooker hall
    Picnic
    River boat trip
    Sightseeing
    Trip to coast
    ...but then again, that is a pretty good list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    Maybe you should try somewhere different eating out. You should do what makes you happy, and if you're happy just to be together, that's great. Have you been on holiday together?
    We were both camping at a festival in easter but not sharing a tent or anything because he was with his mates and I was with mine but the time we did spend together was nice...walking around in the dark and all. I love that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckysparkle)
    I would personally like to go to the movies but my boyfriend thinks it's a bad date because you can't talk!
    That's the whole point! You sit in the back row and have long romantic kisses in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    I would personally like to go to the movies but my boyfriend thinks it's a bad date because you can't talk!!! I reason that we get to talk loads anyway but he's pretty stubborn! I guess there's not really all that much we could do seeings as we can't seem to agree on much!!
    That's what the pizza is for, a little quiet italian place with a 2 person table, enough time to talk =]

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, but then you can watch a film at home in the dark with the curtains closed, cuddling up. 'Tis much more intimate.

ReputationRep:
    but then the cinema must have the cheeky kinda 'risk' factor to it. I wouldn't know though, never been to the flicks with a guy before!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange that my boyfriend and I have never actually been out anywhere together to do anything 'datish'? Usually we'll hang out, watch TV, mess about a bit or at most go on a walk. Is this weird? It's just that all my friends seem to go on regular dates with their partners, even if they've been together a while. I supppose I would like to be taken out but my boyfriend can't really think of anything to do because neither of us are particularly into eating out, which seems to be what he considers a date because that's what all our friends do!
    Going for a walk is like a date - it's romantic!

My housemates - for their valentine's day date, they stayed at home all day, in their room watching dvds, eating takeaway and generally enjoying each other's company.

If you're content with the way you and your boyfriend does things, then that's fine. You don't need to conform to what people think are "dates" - whatever's right for your relationship. In the end, it's the relationship between you two that matters, not how many dates you've been on together x

ReputationRep:
    Lol, it's basically the same ya know haha :-P
    It's just, less cuddly than watching a movie at home
    but more of the setting to "make out" =]

Recommended, m'dear. And the pizza before it of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)

Recommended, m'dear. And the pizza before it of course.
    Just dont order the garlic bread from pizza hut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dittoo)
    Just dont order the garlic bread from pizza hut
    haha, you know your in a serious relationship when you happily order garlic, i tell ya that much.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine if you both like garlic, which fortunately pretty much everyone I've been out with has done

ReputationRep:
    Me and my bf has been dating for 3.5 years, and we always go on a date at least once a month, such as, going to the cinema or a restaurant. But usually when we are together we laze indoors.

ReputationRep:
    I live with my boyfriend but we still have the occasional "date"..like going out for the day, cinema, get something to eat. Although obviously not as often as we did when we first started seeing eachother.

ReputationRep:
    you just can't beat the good ol' cinema

ReputationRep:
    what about tea/coffee? It's not dinning out but could be quite unusual if you take smthg you're both unable to prepare in home. It's my way of going out. if you add cozy sofas and nice climat inside cafe it's really great. you can always choose place wit TV if you like

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.