Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i really want to become a lifeguard, i know several people who are doing it and it seems great and has good pay. the standard course is called "NPLQ" (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) but there are so many variations:-Integrated National Pool Lifeguard Qualification with Emergency First Aid at Work (without AED)-Integrated National Pool Lifeguard with Emergency First Aid at Work (with AED)-National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (with AED)-Integrated National Pool Lifeguard with First Aid at Work (with AED)-and many more...does it matter which one i do? if you have one, which one did you do and did it affect another possible job opportunities?i want to work at Virgin Active, so is there a specific course i need to take.thanks for the help?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BrendonJohnson)
    i really want to become a lifeguard, i know several people who are doing it and it seems great and has good pay. the standard course is called "NPLQ" (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) but there are so many variations:-Integrated National Pool Lifeguard Qualification with Emergency First Aid at Work (without AED)-Integrated National Pool Lifeguard with Emergency First Aid at Work (with AED)-National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (with AED)-Integrated National Pool Lifeguard with First Aid at Work (with AED)-and many more...does it matter which one i do? if you have one, which one did you do and did it affect another possible job opportunities?i want to work at Virgin Active, so is there a specific course i need to take.thanks for the help?
    I did the standard one with no extras, we had the option of spinal injuries but didn't do it and I've heard that that's okay for lots of employers, but maybe they say on their websites?

ReputationRep:
    I completed the NPLQ + EFAW + AED and now work at a sports centre so all of these sections in the qualification are essential. It depends if you're working in a lifeguarding role or more of a sports assistant role as to what skills you will use in your job. I have to perform first aid regularly and use an AED in an emergency so it was common sense for me really to do the qualification that matched the job that I wanted to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.