Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need advice people help :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I need advice on this I currently did access to nursing course and trust me it's really difficult for me as I struggled of the time manga ment and stuff I regretted if only I had one btec health and social care I would've achieved the grade for my uni and more time but doing access was my regret and now I think I am going to fail and if I only pass than I don't think I will be able to get to universities with only the pass.. I don't know what to do. If I should do btec level 3 again this September or do foundation degree course? I am really confused need advice and help just loosing hope and feel like giving up with the nursing feel like suciding low life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miko78)
    Hi guys I need advice on this I currently did access to nursing course and trust me it's really difficult for me as I struggled of the time manga ment and stuff I regretted if only I had one btec health and social care I would've achieved the grade for my uni and more time but doing access was my regret and now I think I am going to fail and if I only pass than I don't think I will be able to get to universities with only the pass.. I don't know what to do. If I should do btec level 3 again this September or do foundation degree course? I am really confused need advice and help just loosing hope and feel like giving up with the nursing feel like suciding low life
    What are your options for a foundation degree? That would seem like a positive way forward!

ReputationRep:
    Is the time management the only problem? Or are you finding the course content too difficult as well.

If it's the time management you need to find a way to over come it. because regardless of what you do in life time management is important. Especially so as a nurse who have to do a lot during their shifts with little time for error, so time management is vital in a healthcare environment.

As for if the course content is too difficult, is this because you can't grasp the concepts or are you finding it to be just too much information. If it is the first ask yourself why and see if you can overcome it, if you can't intellectually handle the material of the access course however you need to ask yourself whether being a nurse is for you or achievable. As if you can't handle the access course could really handle university?. If it's a matter of too much information that you're finding it hard to get it all in, you'll need to find new revision techniques that work for you and probably put more hours in.

As for getting the grades, if miss them both foundation and back to college are viable options (if you don't have to pay for college or have the money to pay if you do). That's completely down to your personal preference.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.