Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was averaging 63 for my degree and had 2:2 conditional offers for my master's. i was recently told that id have to resubmit my dissertation in the summer due to an assessment irregularity. This also means that my graduation ceremony will only be in january or february. Now would i be able to start my masters in september if i can get my transcripts before that or would i have to wait till after my ceremony, defer for a year? There is a possiblity that i might now be getting a third class degree as my dissertation is 40 credits and it also gets capped at 40. Would this mean my master's offers being revoked eventhough im averaging a 2:1 barring just one module? If yes then would i be able to do some kind of foundation programme/degree so that i can satisfy the entry requirements for my master's?
    Sorry i know theres a lot f questions up there
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You can start the masters without graduating, just on the basis of your transcripts. What I'd be more worried about is your capped dissertation and what the problem was the first time. It's quite an important module and your masters uni may not see it as just another module. They may not be too happy about a third class degree either. I don't think there are foundation degrees you can do but you may want to look into doing postgrad diplomas or certificates.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by rp4904)
    I was averaging 63 for my degree and had 2:2 conditional offers for my master's. i was recently told that id have to resubmit my dissertation in the summer due to an assessment irregularity. This also means that my graduation ceremony will only be in january or february. Now would i be able to start my masters in september if i can get my transcripts before that or would i have to wait till after my ceremony, defer for a year? There is a possiblity that i might now be getting a third class degree as my dissertation is 40 credits and it also gets capped at 40. Would this mean my master's offers being revoked eventhough im averaging a 2:1 barring just one module? If yes then would i be able to do some kind of foundation programme/degree so that i can satisfy the entry requirements for my master's?
    Sorry i know theres a lot f questions up there
    Hi

Are you studying with us at the moment? Which course are you doing and what masters were you going to do?

Isabella

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.