Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can take a train.... But I can't take a train riddle watch

ReputationRep:
    stuck on a riddle, looking for the rule. Someone says "you can take a train from A to B" but "I can't take a train from C to D"

For example

I can take a train from Birmingham to Sheffield
    But I can't take a train from Belfast to Dublin.

Anyone any ideas.... I've tried location of cities, number of letters, number of syllables, I think I'm overthinking it. Anyway, if anyone knows the answer please tell me 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiminy Cricket)
    stuck on a riddle, looking for the rule. Someone says "you can take a train from A to B" but "I can't take a train from C to D"

For example

I can take a train from Birmingham to Sheffield
    But I can't take a train from Belfast to Dublin.

Anyone any ideas.... I've tried location of cities, number of letters, number of syllables, I think I'm overthinking it. Anyway, if anyone knows the answer please tell me 😄
    Is it always those examples or are there other options? I know that some of these riddles work on the exact phrasing of the question and using starting letters from the different options.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot take the train from Belfast to Dublin because you are in Sheffield.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.