The Student Room Group

cruelty free meat-would you eat it & why?

Poll

Would you eat supermeat?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

I would. *Meat is tasty. And if it was cruelty free (guarrenteed), I definitely would. It would**certainly negate the "meat is murder" arguments. *From the most part.

The interests of animals are irrelevant. **
I don't really eat meat very much for health and ethical reasons, but sometimes I have to
wtf is supermeat now
Personally, I don't think so, I'm vegan but I have to wonder how ethical taking anything from an animal, bred for human consumption would be, even if it doesn't mean killing it completely. I think I'd just stick to veggies but it's good to see viable alternatives to meat being researched :smile:

Btw is your username a Belle and Sebastian reference?
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh sorry, I'm an idiot this early in the morning :lol:

Proud to say they're from my hometown and I love them too :biggrin:

Morality is subjective. And who cares about morals and moral philosophers?*
* *I don't think eating meat would be an issue if we weren't such a-holes about it, and towards animals *
This is fantastic, isn't it? Provided it is genuine of course. Obviously there are further questions to ask, such as those identified in the OP, but this project has the potential to revolutionise the meat industry. Farming is such a major contributor to global warming, so this could be an incredible step forward towards combating the problem.

And the animals won't suffer in the biopsy, it'll only be a small amount of muscle cells (or whatever they use) being removed.
(edited 7 years ago)
I really do not care how cruelty free a animal is, as long as the meat tastes good and is not very overpriced I am happy to eat it
wtf even is supermeat and why is it, allegedly, so super?
I probably wouldn't eat it myself, because idk how my body would react to meat after not eating it for my entire life.

But I'd certainly support is as much as I could. This would be one of those things that totally revolutionises human society.
Any harm done to a couple animals is negligible imo because of how many more it'll save. And I'd hardly call a biopsy as causing harm tbh.
So it's so complex that it can't be put into a line or two?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
batmeat vs. supermeat.
That's a very strange but interesting concept.

However people aren't even willing to pay for free range chicken and free roaming pork, let alone this.

My answer, yes I would eat super meat. But only if the animal the meat came from lived in suitable conditions. I.e, free range/ outdoors.

I'm currently a struggling vegetation. I ****ing love meat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Twinpeaks

Let me know how that works out :smile:
Personally, i think being a vegetarian is hard enough...
sounds excellent, farmers'll be complaining tho :tongue:
It's a simple no, based on what has been done so far artificial meat is vastly inferior to the real deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
You mean like lab grown meat? Yeah, sure, I wouldn't have any problems choosing that over the real stuff. Win win situation as far as I'm concerned.

Also, God bless Israel for trying to do this
Original post by Twinpeaks
That's a very strange but interesting concept.

However people aren't even willing to pay for free range chicken and free roaming pork, let alone this.

My answer, yes I would eat super meat. But only if the animal the meat came from lived in suitable conditions. I.e, free range/ outdoors.

You are vegetation? :tongue:

I think you mean vegetarian
Hey :smile:

If you start a thread about a topic which people may not be familiar with, it's not then OK to patronise someone for asking a question. Please bear this in mind for the future.

Quick Reply

Latest