The Student Room Group

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
thanks man :five: I hope urs were good as well :smile:
Nuffield is going well, I won't spoil much for blogging purposes :mmm:, but I know I am nearly done with the report, its just the data from the experiment I need and we are doing the experiment on Monday/Tuesday :excited:
I'm still up for Chemistry but also considering Physics :wink: wbu?
OMG :congrats: u're gonna have to tell me more about it m8 :tongue: ooh where u off to? (hope its france :france:)

Spoiler

:hello:
Original post by SassKing13
:hello:

:wavey:
Entry no.24
Sad day because Nuffield students were leaving, some had started before me and therefore had finished before me :cry2: made good friends with them but unfortunately I probably won't see them that much :frown:
I got the train in, was fine, I'd downloaded some new music the night before so I listened to that :h:

Spoiler

When I got in, after I'd sat down, the PhD student came and said we could come along to run the gravel-liquid nitrogen storage experiment again. So, I could not refuse, so I went along, we invited another Nuffield student from our group to come as well, they were glad to be able to procrastinate from writing their report haha :lol:
The experiment was the same as I explained yesterday, this time they made the "flow rate" (how fast the liquid nitrogen enters the tube of gravel) much much faster. This means the change in temperature/cold-transfer if you like, was much quicker and the graphs looked steeper :wink:
After that, went back to the office and got a fair amount done before lunch! YAY!

Lunch was leftover Domino's pizza, absolute fave :heart: and we played a few games of table footie before saying some emotional goodbyes (we leave at different times so say byes at lunch) :cry2: v sad!

I finished the work I started before lunch (consising research, started abstract and introduction writing and the analysis of the research/conclusion)
YH
I did work!!! :woo:

Then I got the 4pm train, listened to music on the way, I tried these frog haribo sweets my sister had bought back from Greece for me

(she got back on Wednesday :sigh:) they tasted awful so I had to get rid of the taste with polos :lol:
Train was only 5 mins late (some kind of work record hehe) and cos it was raining and my dad was in town anyway, he picked me up in the car, saving me a rainy 20 min walk home, i was v grateful :mmm:
Got home, had stir fry for din dins and watched some Olympics before filling in some forms and then I guess I ended up here :dontknow:
Will play some pinta and watch sherlock, my Uncle and family are leaving at 6am and I guess I have to say goodbye to them :colonhash:,
So goodnight I guess,(well unless you're joining me on pinta that is :colone:)
Cheese

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
What are those candies ??? I've never seen that in France :eek:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
What are those candies ??? I've never seen that in France :eek:

my sister bought them back from greece, i've never seen them in france
fave french haribos are les oeufs aux plats :wink:
idk?Theyre gross tho
taste like sweetened watermelon :yucky:
not my thing rofl
my sister bought them back from greece, i've never seen them in france
fave french haribos are les oeufs aux plats :wink:
idk?Theyre gross tho
taste like sweetened watermelon :yucky:
not my thing rofl

They look weird haha

ME TOO ! Et les Dragibus aussi :ahee: :ahee:

Sweetened watermelon ? I'm curious now :mmm:
They look weird haha

ME TOO ! Et les Dragibus aussi :ahee: :ahee:

Sweetened watermelon ? I'm curious now :mmm:

they are wierd :teehee:
:five: #baes mais croco..
trop sucree pour moi :yucky:

Spoiler

they are wierd :teehee:
:five: #baes mais croco..
trop sucree pour moi :yucky:

Spoiler

Ah that is very popular here :lol: I like it ! But I can only handle one or two :/ afterwards I'm incredibly thirsty lol xD
Ah that is very popular here :lol: I like it ! But I can only handle one or two :/ afterwards I'm incredibly thirsty lol xD

I can agree with u there :lol:
@CheeseIsVeg sorry to hear about the students leaving, and it's great you were able to be great friends with them! :yep:
I do not remember going to Greece... :mmm: and you dad did the right thing with picking you up - Matrix approves :yy:
The Uncle that bought you malteasters? You have to say goodbye to him at least! :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by Matrix123
@CheeseIsVeg sorry to hear about the students leaving, and it's great you were able to be great friends with them! :yep:
I do not remember going to Greece... :mmm: and you dad did the right thing with picking you up - Matrix approves :yy:
The Uncle that bought you malteasters? You have to say goodbye to him at least! :yep:

Spoiler

yh, we said we'd meet up, idk if it will happen tho, u know how life is :tongue:
it was my sister, she went with a friend and bought me back frog sweets :colonhash: what an idiot lol
yh i didnt really mention it bc my real sister (not u bc u r awesome) is not worth a place in my blog tbh
yh ikr my dad was nice? lol wtf
yh that Uncle, I will! :smile: 6am tho, really :colonhash:

Spoiler

yh, we said we'd meet up, idk if it will happen tho, u know how life is :tongue:
it was my sister, she went with a friend and bought me back frog sweets :colonhash: what an idiot lol
yh i didnt really mention it bc my real sister (not u bc u r awesome) is not worth a place in my blog tbh
yh ikr my dad was nice? lol wtf
yh that Uncle, I will! :smile: 6am tho, really :colonhash:

Spoiler

Awesome, well hears to hoping it will happen :beer: :biggrin: (I don't drink though so anyone, feel free to take my drink :eviltongue:)
Ahhh, wow, how unacceptable of her :colonhash:
(Thank you! :hugs:) Ohh :rofl: shame for her :mmm:
:lol: I think he's trying to get into our good books :rolleyes:
Cool, and good! :h: Haha, think of it as no pain no gain (of chocolate :tongue:)

Spoiler

Awesome, well hears to hoping it will happen :beer: :biggrin: (I don't drink though so anyone, feel free to take my drink :eviltongue:)
Ahhh, wow, how unacceptable of her :colonhash:
(Thank you! :hugs:) Ohh :rofl: shame for her :mmm:
:lol: I think he's trying to get into our good books :rolleyes:
Cool, and good! :h: Haha, think of it as no pain no gain (of chocolate :tongue:)

Spoiler

:beer: and same, I despise alcohol of any sort :h:ikr what a butt :colonhash:
np :hugs: , dont even waste your precious typed letters on my real sister, she aint worth that honour :hand:
lol mayb :rolleyes: he'll probably mess it up tomorrow when I like move his mug by 3mm and he like wtf dude or when I'm talking and he just interrupt like ur fat m8 :cry: lels ok

Spoiler

:beer: and same, I despise alcohol of any sort :h:ikr what a butt :colonhash:
np :hugs: , dont even waste your precious typed letters on my real sister, she aint worth that honour :hand:
lol mayb :rolleyes: he'll probably mess it up tomorrow when I like move his mug by 3mm and he like wtf dude or when I'm talking and he just interrupt like ur fat m8 :cry: lels ok

Spoiler

Same! :five:
:hugs: :rofl: Oh wow, maybe a bit harsh? :tongue:
:lol: Someone's a bit pedantic! And that is no way to speak to my sister :noway:

Spoiler

Same! :five:
:hugs: :rofl: Oh wow, maybe a bit harsh? :tongue:
:lol: Someone's a bit pedantic! And that is no way to speak to my sister :noway:

Spoiler

:wink: she can take it, tbh i've said worse :mmm:
haha, ikr :colonhash:

Spoiler

:wink: she can take it, tbh i've said worse :mmm:
haha, ikr :colonhash:

Spoiler

Oooooooh, we have a rebellious Cheese on the thread! :ahee:
Yeah :unimpressed:

Spoiler