Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering how many people realise that when sending a PM, you're allowed to click cancel on the 'request for a confirmation receipt' option when it appears. Your message still goes through. Also, if you're sending the PM, then you should already be fairly sure the user will be reading it as I'm not sure anyone actually does ignore them. Just thought you'd like to know that it still works even if you click 'cancel'

ReputationRep:
    I never click 'Ok' for the confirmation receipt when sending a PM.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: About subforum!
    ...And I always click cancel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I never click 'Ok' for the confirmation receipt when sending a PM.
    *nods* I know that not all people click 'Ok', but you'd be surprised at the number who do. I just find myself wondering why. Then I thought that perhaps they saw the 'cancel' to mean cancelling the message itself. Hence I posted. Though this is now in the About UK-Learning sub-forum lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    *nods* I know that not all people click 'Ok', but you'd be surprised at the number who do. I just find myself wondering why. Then I thought that perhaps they saw the 'cancel' to mean cancelling the message itself. Hence I posted. Though this is now in the About UK-Learning sub-forum lol.
    Nah, not surprised tbh.. most of the PMs I get have the 'send confirmation' thing!

You learn something new everyday, thank you Sire, i am still a newbie afterall...

ReputationRep:
    I only click OK when I'm in a hurry and forget that it's not an ordinary confimation box

ReputationRep:
    I just always click ok if I want a reply. If I don't want a reply I hit cancel.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.