The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The University of Essex is the only institution to have been banned from the show. They allegedly "trashed" the set after an appearance.
I've missed it haven't I?

No one posted and reminded me :bawling:
Reply 22
who won?
Ollie87
who won?

Nottingham
Reply 24
vickytoria77
Nottingham

:frown:
But Lancaster had a good score, so might go through as high losers :smile:
Reply 25
My friend's boyfriend is on at some point...must find out when exactly.
Reply 26
vickytoria77
Nottingham

thank you. good.
empfrench
Has anyone seen the sketch with Stephen Fry, Emma Thompson etc being the toffs, vs. Rick Mayell and the Young Ones gang being the ''scum''? Brilliant! It's on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkFwwRYnco

aye - the BEST episode ever. "P"Rick
you are all a sad bunch, you really are lol
Reply 29
Noxid
Next week, It Magdalen vs SOAS

I'm in this! I was dead chuffed when the researchers said it was probably the best programme (in terms of excitement) in the season, because it was pretty nervewracking for us... so watch! Btw, the guys from the Magdalen team are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and they are killer on the buzzers - apparently they have buzzer practice before they go to film the show...
^Have you been web-stalking me? :wink:

But yeah, I'm on the SOAS team, as is cajunmoon. It was...an experience. Fun, but christ, it's nerve-wracking.
Reply 31
BovineBeast
^Have you been web-stalking me? :wink:

No - but, as we have discussed, it is a possibility. Anyway, who self-publicised on this thread first, may I ask? :wink:

Does anyone know who's on the week after? Because I'm intrigued about the possibilities of spotting Jared and co (in their SOAS hoodies) in 4 different episodes.
Reply 32
robinson999
The University of Essex is the only institution to have been banned from the show. They allegedly "trashed" the set after an appearance.

Ha Ha. Classy. :smile:
How do you enter a team? (become a member of)
jaydoh

Most colleges will have some kind of heat amongst hopefuls, with questions and so forth to see which people have the best score. :smile:
jaydoh

Becoming a member of a team is probably a different process at every university.

I know once at York I heard there were 'trials' going on one evening to pick a team, but beyond that didn't really hear much. You're best off trying to speak to people at your uni about it - maybe someone there would be able to point you where to go about trying to get on your unis team.
empfrench
Has anyone seen the sketch with Stephen Fry, Emma Thompson etc being the toffs, vs. Rick Mayell and the Young Ones gang being the ''scum''? Brilliant! It's on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkFwwRYnco

yes seen it b4
Roger Kirk
Becoming a member of a team is probably a different process at every university.

I know once at York I heard there were 'trials' going on one evening to pick a team, but beyond that didn't really hear much. You're best off trying to speak to people at your uni about it - maybe someone there would be able to point you where to go about trying to get on your unis team.

we got an e mail with 100 questions to answer - submit answers via e mail. and they narrow it down to the best 4
hermaphrodite
we got an e mail with 100 questions to answer - submit answers via e mail. and they narrow it down to the best 4

That's an interesting way of doing it - but isn't it open to easy abuse?
^^^ no point in abusing it - cos u'll get found out in the end. i assume they narrow it to 20. and then make them sit a test in exam conditions where they are invigilated. obviosly i cud if i wanted to - have used wiki - but then i would get found out anyway.

did anyone c Starter for ten. i've spoken to a guy on the manchester team who won, not the series gone, but the series previous. i saw him outside the library and said "aint u the guy who was on UC" and then this year Man got to the semi final and i did the same thing to another guy on this team

Latest

Trending

Trending