Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I really want to study for a masters at a top university and although I achieved a 1st class two of my modules in my second year were rather low scoring. So, I was wondering how should I go about getting some work experience in a university research lab? Should I just email a professor who's work interest me and ask if they could provide me with some? If anyone has managed to do this and could share their experience that would be great!

    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You pretty much have to email a bunch of people to see if they have space/money and are willing to take you on. Depending on your field there may be some summer schemes around. Your department is the best place to look including people who teach you or who you may want to do your final year project with.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.