Turn on thread page Beta

iPod earphones - wearing out after 3 months? watch

ReputationRep:
    I bought some apple earphones for my iPod while I was in America, around 3 months ago. The ones I had before were the original pair I got with my iPod over two years ago and cosmetically they looked fine but just stopped working one day.

Anyway with the new ones the grey rubbery bit around each bud is wearing and fraying, and coming away from the bud. I can still use them as they function ok but I am not happy as they look like they're about to come apart. Can I exchange them in the UK if they were purchased from an apple store in America? It seems like some kind of design flaw or the rubber is just too thin.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is your iPod still in warranty (under 1 year old)?

If so, just contact Apple and tell then your earphones have broken, they'll ask for your iPod's serial number and then send you new earphones.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and saw that you brought just the earphones in America. Just ring Apple or take them to a store with the receipt and they should swap them for you.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.