Best city in America for Christmas? Watch

Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I know you're thinking New York....but I am looking for some ideas on where I should go for Christmas this year. I'll be hitting NYC the week before Christmas for some shopping, but was thinking where to then?

I love Vegas but have no idea what it's like over the holidays and do need to stop in Washington DC at some point on my trip anyway, but all my friends who live in DC are going out of state to visit family so I'd be billy no mates on Christmas day!
Jossyboy45
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Boston... that'd be great for even more shopping. Or try New Orleans! That'd be even better! If you want some tips on great places to stay/eat/do in either of these places, just ask me.
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
lol I spent Christmas in Boston last year!! It was beautiful, I stayed in a great hotel right in the middle of everything. I guess looking back on it I had a great time, maybe I'll do it again this year!
mariahb
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
maybe san francisco? it sounds like you might be planning an east coast trip so san fran might not work. but if you do head out west, i think SF would be great. i've never actually been there at christmas time but san francisco is always fun. and it would be a bit warmer than new york (as long as you don't mind missing out on a white christmas). a couple of my friends went there for new years last year and loved it.
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mariahb)
maybe san francisco? it sounds like you might be planning an east coast trip so san fran might not work. but if you do head out west, i think SF would be great. i've never actually been there at christmas time but san francisco is always fun. and it would be a bit warmer than new york (as long as you don't mind missing out on a white christmas). a couple of my friends went there for new years last year and loved it.
nothing wrong with san diego either :p:
mariahb
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by samba)
nothing wrong with san diego either :p:
that's true. i guess living here i tend to take my city for granted. i've never had a white christmas but yes- come to san diego and spend christmas at the beach (probably a cloudy beach but better than an east coast snow storm).
Phoenix Wright
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would advise against New Orleans; all the natives I talk to say it's just been completely destroyed and is exponentially more dangerous than it used to be. As far as I've seen so far, the three nicest (big cities) of America are NYC, San Fran., and Boston. DC is great to go to during the day, but at night it gets real sketchy. Same with Philadelphia. St. Louis and Houston are just awful any time of the day, really.
forpolarbears
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm attempting not to spend mine in San Francisco or San Diego. I may be changing locations to Washington, D.C. for spring semester so I might use that to facilitate some travelling.
Lady Leviathan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As a native of the NYC metropolitan area, I'm loyal to my city!

The celebrations are great, the food is amazing (and varied), and there are endless events to go to.
WindyCity
Report 11 years ago
How about Chicago???
djchak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
C'mon Tarty.... You got to school in Knoxville...and don't see that Chicago is a (flight wise) quick trip with some punch?

You might want to drop by and check it out. It seems like it's the 3rd biggest city and metro area...that no one knows exists...... (outside of the US anyway)
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Loved San francisco when I went there a few weeks back, should be brilliant at christmas
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (115)
41.52%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (87)
31.41%
I don't have an opinion (75)
27.08%

Watched Threads