Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody!
    I had a conditioned offer for a social sciences foundation year and the entry requirements were to get 71 in my final exams (I'm an international student) and 6.5 in the IELTS test. I overcame the IELTS, since I got 7.5, but I got 70 in the exam. I have sent an email to ug.enquiries.. explaining my situation and I am waiting for a response. Do you think there's a good chance that I get in anyway? And do you think it is better to phone them?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure they'll take you in - maybe you'll have to wait until the a level students get their results in but i wouldnt sweat it too much. you did good - nearly met their req so you're good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u97)
    im pretty sure they'll take you in - maybe you'll have to wait until the a level students get their results in but i wouldnt sweat it too much. you did good - nearly met their req so you're good.
    Thank you very much for your support! You are right, infact they made me an unconditional offer! 🎉🎉🎉
    Even if I received their response by UCAS, they have not sent me any email yet....can I stay calm? I mean, can I consider myself a Sussex student officially?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you will definitely get the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildSwan)
    Thank you very much for your support! You are right, infact they made me an unconditional offer! 🎉🎉🎉
    Even if I received their response by UCAS, they have not sent me any email yet....can I stay calm? I mean, can I consider myself a Sussex student officially?
    Thank you!
    of course, see? told you not to worry about it. im glad you got in! stay calm, it'll all work out fine. enjoy yourselff!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you both! I have also received an email from the housing, so I am pretty positive I got in!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.