Turn on thread page Beta

Is red lipstick attractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always hear people saying that "nude"/"natural" makeup is better. Therefore on a daily basis I usually stick to these kind of looks.

However, I have so many red lipsticks in my collection (lady danger, ruby woo, chili by mac) yet I don't think Iv worn them more them once each just because Im unsure about the reception they will receive. I really want to wear them though, just haven't found a way to make them suitable for the day. Any tips?

Also, what do you guys think of red lips? Do they look attractive or does it just look like the person is wearing too much/too 'fake'?

ReputationRep:
    I think its hot. I would think it is more appropriate to wear in the evening rather than day time but I wouldn't raise any eyebrows at it worn in the day either.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

heck yeah!

ReputationRep:
    If you feel confident wearing it and you like it then go ahead. I personally like wearing nudes but I also love darker shades. Red just generally feels more like evening lipstick but it can be easily pulled off in the day

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't wear lipstick for a guy who doesn't know the difference between Ruby Woo by Mac or red by Primark. Wear it for you

p.s I love wearing red lipstick and wear whatever lipstick I want depending on what I'm wearing.

ReputationRep:
    Red lipstick doesn't suit me tbh, I can't rock bright or bold colours so I usually go for pinks or more subtle colours

ReputationRep:
    I never used to wear red lipstick or lipstick infact- *I always drift towards pinky-coral glosses and stains. I discovered Dior 999; it's a stunning red, despite being bold it doesn't feel scary to wear.

I find wearing a red lip is actually an easy make up look as with a bit of eyeliner and mascara you instantly look put together. *

ReputationRep:
    From a guy who's already been told his "taste" is abnormal, I'm not usually into red. I prefer little make up tbh, but I don't know enough about it to be able to describe to a decent level of accuracy.

However, the important thing is to wear what you like. You can't expect to find the right people for yourself if you're not being yourself

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! General rule of thumb is to wear minimal or subtle eyeshadow (I usually wear none, just eyeliner + mascara) with a bold lip. I think the reason why no-one really does it is just because you may draw a little more attention to yourself than usual (in the day esp.) so I only wear it when I am feeling really confident and generally in a great mood. But I think that's the best part, it's kinda self-fulfilling y'know?

Also, forgot to say, I don't think nude is necessarily better: 'safer' is a more fitting description.

ReputationRep:
    this is one thing i never understood

its a real turn off for me, i just imagine a 3rd rate eastern european prostitute in leather boots.

can't stand rep lipstick on a woman

ReputationRep:
    I don't care for it.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose as long as it suits, and it isn't tacky.

Just try it out and see how you look!

ReputationRep:
    I love it....
    On other girls. I seem to feel uncomfortable when I wear it even though people have said it looka good on me

ReputationRep:
    I think that you should wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. Your makeup is a canvas which you paint to portray who you want to be that day. When I think of red lipstick, I think about confidence and taking pride in who you are. There is nothing wrong with wearing red lipstick and it looks amazing on everyone x

ReputationRep:
    i can wear red and i have got a red but i much prefer my burgandy colour by rimmel

ReputationRep:
    I think red is a huge confidence statement, I would love to wear it all the time I just don't have the personality to pull it off :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the girl wearing it lol. Lipstick shades suit different people depending on skin tone, how "fat" their face is and their bone structure.

I would say try it on, and which ever one you think works better use it!

ReputationRep:
    just wear it. people wear red lipstick all the time because it's a pretty colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love red lipstick. Also love dark lipstick.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Red lipstick can look beautiful. One of my favourite lipsticks of all time is red

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.