The New 7 Wonders have been announced. They are:

Chichen Itza
    Christ the Redeemer
    Great Wall
    Machu Picchu
    Petra
    Colloseum
    Taj Mahal

They should have included the Acropolis (my favourite), but never mind. Will these get put into any kind of order later on? Also, what were other people's choices?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good list. They had to re-do them because most of the original 7 don't actually exist anymore. The Great Pyramids of Giza apparently retain their status in a special classification as well.

ReputationRep:
    macchu picchu is my favourite

ReputationRep:
    ^Macchu Picchu was my favourite too. But it's a bit weird - 3 of the 7 are in S. America.

ReputationRep:
    PETRA is obviously my favorite cuz its in my country , nd i voted like 5 times...., i think it should be one the wonders

ReputationRep:
    I'm sad that the Acropolis didn't make it but the list's pretty good - thank goodness the Eiffel Tower didn't get enough votes. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Machu Picu is probably one of my favs as is the Taj Mahal.

ReputationRep:
    Colloseum is a definite "Yes" - it's amazing. Has anyone ever been to see it?

ReputationRep:
    Twice, I like it but personally think it's one of the less impressive on the list - maybe that's just familiarity.

Also not so sure about the Christ Redeemer being one of the Top 7...

Favourites were the Taj Mahal and the other 2 S. American ones

ReputationRep:
    The Great Wall is my favourite methinks.

ReputationRep:
    ^That is good, but I'd like to have seen maybe the Terracotta Warriors or the Gorge of a Thousand Buddhas in there.

With the colesseum I think it'd be better that have the forum as a whole, part of the impressiveness is the extent of buildings that remain all centred in one area.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of three of them..I'm obviously not very worldly!

ReputationRep:
    woohoo for petra:party:

I voted for the Acropolis too though...

ReputationRep:
    Petra is my favorite out of those,
    I've always loved it since we did about it back in year 3 or something

I didn't even know that there was a vote going on, i feel like i've missed out =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    The New 7 Wonders have been announced. They are:

Chichen Itza
    Christ the Redeemer
    Great Wall
    Machu Picchu
    Petra
    Colloseum
    Taj Mahal

They should have included the Acropolis (my favourite), but never mind. Will these get put into any kind of order later on? Also, what were other people's choices?
    never heard of those two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moniker)
    never heard of those two
    Neither had I, untill i googled them =P
    Then i was like "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, those!"

ReputationRep:
    Christ the Redeemer is bloody wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ I love Christ the Redeemer and Machu Picchu - also voted for Petra, and DID NOT vote for the Taj Mahal - I personally think it's overrated....

ReputationRep:
    The internet should be the only wonder and then we vote for 7 websites as the new 7 wonders

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.