Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

SFE: transfer from a 3yr degree to a Scottish 4yr degree Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Will I receive funding for the full 4 years of my new degree if I transfer after having completed the first year of a 3 year degree?

    SFE provides funding for 4 years if it's needed. If you transfer after the 1st year and go into the 2nd year then you'll get full funding. If you start over then you'll get 3 years but will have to cover the last year yourself.

    While most degrees are 3 year an extra year is given if you decide to switch uni's or if you happen to fail a year and need to repeat it
    • Thread Starter

    I just found this

    (OD + 1) - PC
    OD is the number of academic years that make up the ordinary duration of the course
    PC is the number of academic years that the student has spent on previous courses

    (4 + 1) - 1 = 4 years
    so I wouldn't actually need to cover the last year myself?

    Just want to double check my understanding of this. Thanks for replying.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.