Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Taster Days necessary? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am aiming to get into a top Uni to do law, but I am worried that I may be disadvantaged as I have not done any 'taster courses' given that there is a whole section devoted to it on the UCAS form. Opinions?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by academia153)
    I am aiming to get into a top Uni to do law, but I am worried that I may be disadvantaged as I have not done any 'taster courses' given that there is a whole section devoted to it on the UCAS form. Opinions?
    The section is there but it isn't very prominent or important in the way UCAS applications are sent to universities.

Not attending wont disadvantage you but make sure you've read university websites and brochures/prospectuses to get the same information about the course you're applying to.

ReputationRep:
    The only real benefit of a taster day is to yourself as the applicant because it is a way for you to decide if you really do want to undertake a 3yr+ degree in that course. Naturally, if the question about why you chose law arises at an interview, then it would be a great thing to mention as it shows commitment, but physically attending a taster day/masterclass per se does not give you any advantage, it is what you gain from the experience which is key

ReputationRep:
    No need to worry. Taster sessions just give you a flavour of what to expect in Law and to help you ultimately make your mind up before you commit yourself. If you are sure that this is what you really have a passion to do then that will come across in your statement and also interviews.*

if you want to go to a taster session for law, then uni of Worcester have got one on the 15th of September, which gives you plenty of time before you submit your UCAS form. Good luck mate. *

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.